Honored Contributor

Soaps and TV Shows and Filming later

[ Edited ]

Do you wonder how  soaps  and all tv shows will do things  later on when they start filming again?  I thought about this yesterday. With all the closeness, hugging, shaking hands etc.  Hopefully everything gets back to normal in the world in the near future.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

If we were told there shouldn't be hand shaking in the future, hopefully, hugging and kissing will follow.  

If the hosts and vendors cut all that out, there would be more time to show more product. .....wishful thinking.... 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

I suspect she is talking about TV series and not QVC

@tends2dogs wrote:

If we were told there shouldn't be hand shaking in the future, hopefully, hugging and kissing will follow.  

If the hosts and vendors cut all that out, there would be more time to show more product. .....wishful thinking.... 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I was thinking about that too. All of the intimate scenes will have to be worked out differently. I'd be very leery if I was an actor.

Honored Contributor

I think you'll see lots of testing. Supposedly one of the first symptoms is a fever, so daily testing of people for a fever might provide enough safety to let filming resume.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Agree with gardenman regarding constant testing. I can also see production halts due to results of testing. It will be something to juggle. As a viewer, what I don't want to see is the covid19 subject being saturated with series and movies. I don't think I'll be interested in that -- not for a while. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

As far as I know CBS hasn't cancelled their summer series "Love Island" or "Big Brother." In both cases the contestants get isolated anyway, so if they can round up uninfected people those two shows could still go on. One of the entertainment shows said they'd been cancelled as they hadn't started filming yet, completely ignoring the fact that both shows are aired live or taped live. There's nothing to be filmed this time of year for either series. Both shows isolate the players anyway, so they may still both end up airing. If you're going to be isolated anyway, you might as well have a chance to win a half million dollars or so.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Hollywood will adjust.

Back in the 80s when AIDS was first coming into the mainstream and Rock Hudson's disclosure, studios and the actors unions struggled with what to do.  Because at the time there was still no clear data on how AIDS could be contracted.

From an article in the NY Times on 8/8/85.

In fact, a column by Howard Rosenberg, the television critic for The Los Angeles Times, accused the local ABC television station of being ''irresponsible'' and ''hysterical'' for reporting that Linda Evans, who kissed Mr. Hudson on ''Dynasty'' last season, was worried and that the show's producer, Aaron Spelling, had offered to pay for AIDS testing for cast members. Mr. Spelling said he never offered or even considered such a thing. Speaking for Miss Evans, Mr. Spelling said she was not concerned.

Kim Fellner, information director for the Screen Actors Guild, said, ''The guild has received no calls from performers worried about kissing someone who has AIDS.'' She said actors who have called the guild have been frightened about repercussions against homosexual performers. In particular, callers have been concerned that a blood test for AIDS may be required as part of pre-production insurance physical examinations.

Scripts Cut Kissing

''I've been sticking my own personal head in the sand,'' said Ed Asner, president of the Screen Actors Guild. ''But I just had a homosexual friend tell me he has buried 12 friends.''

''In the boardroom,'' Mr. Asner continued, ''the guild will have to address the panic of a person who doesn't want to kiss another person. And I think that panic is starting. But we must beware of witch hunts on the set toward someone whose sexuality is suspect. I do know that scripts are being altered to obviate kissing.''

In the last year, according to industry sources, the numerous victims of AIDS, have included actors, producers, press agents and journalists who cover Hollywood.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN