Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   I've watched many soaps over the years.....

Dark Shadows

Love of Life.    Before Christopher Reeve became Superman

All My Children.  Literally from Day One

As The World Turns

The Guiding Light

Passions

Still watch

General Hospital

The Young and the Restless

The Bold and the Beautiful

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

General Hospital premiered in 1963

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

@Laura14   YESSS!!! Tabitha and Timmy!!  It was truly a WTF moment in my life.  Juliette Mills played Tabitha and she is married to Maxwell Caulfield--Michael from Grease 2 (one of my favorite movies).  It all kind of went downhill when the actor who played Timmy died in real life.  Those two were always good for a laugh.

edited to correct Juliette's last name

@DrKelli I didn't know Max was on that show! All I remember is the haunted doll and I went screaming from the room. 😂😂😂

Honored Contributor

My mother was a faithful watcher of The Doctors, Days of Our Lives, and Another World.   

Once I became a stay at home mom, I kept up with the storylines of the 3 above, as well as Ryan's Hope, Edge of Night, General Hospital, and Santa Barbara.  

As each drama was cancelled, I focused on watching what was left.   At that time, our TV reception was limited to only 2 channels.   When satellite TV came to our household in January, 1999, I dumped all the daytime soap operas cold turkey and haven't watched an episode since.   

Esteemed Contributor

I can remember watching Ryan's Hope and then Loving along side my Mom

as a kid.

Then I started with the line up on ABC which started the afternoon with

All My Children, One Life to Live and finally General Hospital. A.M.C. and

O.L.T.L. ended then I stopped watching G.H. in 2006.

I moved on to CBS soaps in 2007 with Bold and Beautiful and I was always

on and off with Young and the Restless. 

Contributor

I grew up watching Y&R, Search for Tomorrow, ATWT, Guiding Light, Capitol and Edge of Night with my mom.
I started watching All My Children as an older teenager into my 20s.

Now I keep up with Y&R, B&B and GH.  I only started watching GH a few years ago.

Does anyone remember a short-lived soap on ABC called The City?  Laura Wright was on it, as was Catherine Hickland and many other recognizable faces.

Trusted Contributor

There was one called Love of Life, but I don't remember anything about it. I wish they had saved all those B&W late '50s - early '60s soap opera episodes. I love them they're so melodramatic and I love the organ music LOL. There are some old episodes of As the World Turns on youtube.

Valued Contributor

The Eeeedddggge Of Night! Mom watched it when it was a 15 minute program. I was so sad when AMC ended, it was my escape when my children were napping. 

Valued Contributor

Still a ride or die General Hospital girl!  I wish OLTL would come back, it was my fav of all 3 of the abc soaps.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2s   Here are a couple that were around when we'd visit my Grandparents. She and mom would be watching "The edge of Night" and "The Secret Storm".

These were around in the 1950s-60s. I'll google to see when these shows began because I'm thinking the 1940s.

Secrect Storm - 1954-1974

Edge of Night - 1956-1975