Frequent Contributor

So this is entertainment now

This is the first week with the new hosts since Jay Leno left. All I can say is I will be doing a lot of reading... This is an example of what the network executives think we want to watch at late night...

Monday night -- Jimmy Fallon... very honored to be hosting etc. That's fine and I get that.

Tuesday night Jimmy Fallon had on BRADLEY COOPER... and what did they do for entertainment.... they played charades...charades...... and Jimmy thought it was very funny.. I guess you had to be there.

Last night -- David Letterman.. Pauley Perrette was a guest.. one of the most popular characters on the most popular TV Show.. and he spoke to her for 8 MINUTES about whether she thought he should shave his head... he heard she did it once... She thought it was so odd... she even comments -- "That was a LONG TIME AGO"... "You sure have spent a lot of time thinking about your Hair" " I am going to have to post this on Twitter" He then spent the next 2 minutes talking about the 250th episode of NCIs which will be on March 4th.. and her time was up.. What a waste-- not a mention about Ralph Waite, or the new character Bishop or anything a fan of the show would like to hear.

Is it me or do any of you consider this entertainment... ?? I just think it is sad that this is what people think we want to watch...

Ok - I got that off my chest... have a great weekend.

Respected Contributor

Re: So this is entertainment now

I didn't think the charades were that bad because they also had emma thompson and tim mcgraw playing. I don't like fallon being in drag a lot -- I thought the skit with will farrell and michelle was terrible. I also don't want to see fallon sing a lot of parodies or sing and dance with every guest. To me the tonight show is turning into another saturday night live.

And I like david letterman but he can be either good or bad. He probably figures nobody watching anyway at least for fallon's first week.

And I haven't see a lot about Jimmy Kimmel being behind the wolf that was seen in the hotel at the sochi olympics

Esteemed Contributor

ITA with the poster, what a ridiculous show. It's comedy at it's worst. Playing charades or whatever that was with their fingers, him and that other non funny guy before Bradley Cooper. Plus, who what's all that wacky before going to sleep. Bring Jay Back. They keep letting the old timers go, so the younger ones who most have no talent can take over. Yet they are playing for the younger crowd, who is seems today, will laugh at anything stupid. IMHO.

Television is really getting awful. I have now turned to PBS and donate to support their shows. Some of these British shows are great and make more sense than ours. Also the BFTA awards from London where so classy. The men looked decent and the women were dressed elegantly. They did not have the stupid speechs at the end, but did nice speeches. No one said they had to pee, or poop or tell of their se--ual encounters none of the personal things the stars feel they should share today.

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped watching the night shows after Johnny Carson left. He was the Master of Late Night Entertainment!! No one can equal his comedy, timing and facial expressions!! Every so often, there are repeats of his funniest shows on some channel where they are selling the DVD's. I remember so many of his shows and they still crack me up!

Esteemed Contributor

My morning news has been showing bits of Fallon's first week (I don't watch The Tonight Show myself). Anyways, I was suprised at what they had the 1st lady do. Regardless of whether you like her or not, that just looked like a hot mess with Fallon and Will Ferrell dressed as teenage girls. The newscasters agreed the entire thing was a miss.

I don't think it's an easy job - some people just don't give good interviews. But, that charades schtick just sounds immature and better placed on Fallon's other show at a later time.

Contributor

I haven't watched a late night talk show in over a decade. I think they're garbage and very unfunny.

Respected Contributor

Fallon is just AWFUL. One of the entertainment writers in our paper predicted he would be gone within 3 months. Wonder if he'll last that long.

Honored Contributor

I miss Jay Leno! I still don't understand why he no longer has a job.

Honored Contributor

I understand that change happens in the world, and am as a rule open to new ideas and such. All I see in JF though is someone who plays with his guests like they are 12-year-olds. That certainly doesn't interest me. I will be getting more sleep, which is a really good thing. What I will miss most is the headlines.