Valued Contributor

So nice to see Bob Mackie tonight...

...guest on TCM's intro with host Alicia Malone talking about NOW VOYAGER, Bette Davis, film fashion. What a great guest. Miss him on the Q.
Frequent Contributor

Re: So nice to see Bob Mackie tonight...

One of my favorite movies. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm watching it right now.  (Obviously, I paused for a few moments.)

Although I've seen it many times, it has successfully lured me in once more.  I missed the intro remarks and Bob Mackie, though.  Darn!

That's odd, though, because I've been unusually enthralled by Ms. Davis's wardrobe this time around.  I've admired it before, particularly when she disembarks from the ship, but I have been especially mesmerized by her glittering sequins and diamond jewelry this time around.  She enchants.

(I've paused several times, I guess, since I stopped when Bette was playing tennis with Tina and Claude Rains was grumbling about Bette's "impertinence.")

Valued Contributor

Getting ready to talk about TOOTSIE!!
Valued Contributor

Transformation through clothing...
Honored Contributor

Because of birdQ13's comment, I suspected I might be able to catch Bob Mackie after the movie ended, so I sped the movie along a bit until I reached that uplifting ending with that glorious last line!

Hurrah!  I got to see Bob again!  What a dear he is, and he is so down-to-earth about his immense talent.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mi47 wrote:

One of my favorite movies. 

--------------

Never saw the movie; not a huge Bette D fan.  But Bob M. is truly one of my favorite QVC vendors!!  I miss him!!

Trusted Contributor

Such a beautiful, gracious man.  His knowledge of fashion and film was very interesting to listen to.  A real gentleman.❤️❤️