Honored Contributor

I appreciate being able to see the procession for Queen Elizabeth right now.  There's so much that we are able to see and experience these things around the world, (and even into space).  I'm just thankful.

Esteemed Contributor

What a procession. That  jewels on that crown really sparkled when they came around one corner and the sun light shown directly on it !

Honored Contributor

I have it on,cnn, my dog clancy is watching also,i think he likes the band.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I would never be able to walk at that pace for such a long period of time.  Everyone in sync, including the horses.  Amazing procession.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I would never be able to walk at that pace for such a long period of time.  Everyone in sync, including the horses.  Amazing procession.

Yes, it is.  Remarkable to me is that the "marching band" is playing continuously, apparently no stopping to rest.  Playing funerary music of course.  It provides a backdrop for the scene.

Honored Contributor

CNN and NBC anchors never stop yaking 

BBC just showed what's happening 

Respected Contributor

It is such a beautiful show of respect for the Queen. Does anyone know who the man was who was walking next to Harry to his left? He was wearing no uniform or medals that I could see. I had everyone else accounted for except for him. 

Respected Contributor

Re: So greatful for t.v.

[ Edited ]

I know they had rehearsed this many times, and it shows. Even the horses know they need to stay in step. The jewels in the crown shining in the sunlight, especially that sapphire, was breathtaking. This is the first processional like this that William and Harry have walked in since their mother's. What they must be remembering. Prince Philip died during COVID so the public were unable to participate in showing public condolences  and respect they are having now. I recall one of the saddest things I have ever seen was the Queen sitting all alone in the church during his funeral. Am so glad the public now has the chance to pay its respects as they wish.

Honored Contributor

I think the BBC has done a remarkable job in it's coverage of the funeral. 

And when BBC needs to fill time they have interviewed not only interesting people but shown videos that show varied aspects of the Queen's life through the years  They showed a video of the Queen dancing folk dances in Scotland. She looked like she was enjoying herself. It was good to see.

We have friend's and their daughter is a professor at St. Andrews. Her son now attends University of Edinburgh. He lives 2 blocks from St. Giles' Cathedral. They sent us pictures of the queue to see the Queen's coffin. The Cathedral was far in the background. And the line was as far as you could see. 

I am sure I was able to see more than the people standing in the queue. But yet again I wasn't there to see it in person. But I think I had the next best thing.

Honored Contributor

Re: So greatful for t.v.

[ Edited ]

@Trailrun23 wrote:

It is such a beautiful show of respect for the Queen. Does anyone know who the man was who was walking next to Harry to his left? He was wearing no uniform or medals that I could see. I had everyone else accounted for except for him. 

It is Peter Phillips

Prince William, Prince Harry and Peter Phillips walk behind the coffin of Queen Elizabeth II in Westminster this afternoon