Honored Contributor

So disappointed with Jethro.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

DH and I have been avid fans of NCIS for years and years. I used to love the human-ish interaction of the cast and the interesting and convoluted plot lines.

We"ve watched this season with hopes that with the Ziva plot lines we might be heading back towards the old days, Jethro's dad, holidays celebrations, warm, multi-dimensional interaction among characters.......

...........and we LOVED the interaction between Jethro and Phin- VERY compelling.

And very gone. 

SHUCKS.

Honored Contributor

Re: So disappointed with Jethro.

For a minute I thought this was going to be about Jethro Bodine from the Beverly HIllbillies.  LOL

I wasn't into NCIS so much until Ziva joined.  I stayed with it a bit after she left but it just wasn't the same.  I was hoping her return would be permanent.

I agree that there is not as much connection between everyone anymore; although I don't miss Abby.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I liked last night's episode.  I enjoyed seeing Cote de Pablo again.  At this point, I don't think they know what, if anything, they'll be doing with Ziva again.

Sure, I miss "the old days"  too.  But things change.  Actors move on, some pass on (one of the main producers passed as well), people age, etc.  It's life.  And even if everyone we liked the best were still there, it wouldn't be the same.  For example, the young "Ziva" and "Tony" have a much different dynamic than they did as the series progressed.  

I watch the old reruns on other channels and still like some of those episodes the best.  But, as I say, that was then and things are different now. I still like and watch the show.

Esteemed Contributor

Regarding Jethro's father, Ralph Waite who played Jackson Gibbs passed away several years ago, and the did a story with Jackson's death.  

I wish Tony's lack of communication with Ziva was because he was on his way and that Michael Weatherly would have done a cameo at the end.  Either he's too big to do that or he perhaps also harassed Cote and Emily so wasn't welcome. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I read that Ziva and Tony..have a series in the making after Bull is done.  Something like Hart to Hart was.  Would be neat to have Sr. in that one!

Respected Contributor

And I was hoping that Finn would have stayed with Gibbs

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

I read that Ziva and Tony..have a series in the making after Bull is done.  Something like Hart to Hart was.  Would be neat to have Sr. in that one!

@meem120  That would be fun!  Ziva the serious one and Tony the usual wise-acre.  I always thought they worked well together although Tony would get on my nerves sometimes.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Mark Harmon is getting close to 70 - almost - and also produces another NCIS show. I wonder if he's winding down the show. We did need closure with Ziva. I wonder if Weatherly's current contract wouldn't allow him to participate. Seems like new characters are watered-down replacements. I just preferred the older shows. More fun to watch.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

@meem120 

I'm drawing a blank here ... who is Finn?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@meem120 wrote:

@meem120 

I'm drawing a blank here ... who is Finn?

I was spelling his name "Phin"  his full name was Phineas. He was a child (very good young actor) who moved into Gibbs' neighborhood and he and Gribbs grew close to one another. He was involved in the Ziva plot. I'll miss his presence in the show.