Respected Contributor

Re: So..... Who watched the most recent Duggar wedding last night?

@SeaMaiden wrote:

That giggle the "wife" has is just obnoxious.....he will have to listen to THAT FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.....

It doesn't matter as long as she can pop out those babies. 

Respected Contributor

@Gardengal55

They are extremly frugal, only buy used clothes, food shop at Aldi, make their own soap as well as other things, buy used cars and do everything for themselves. The dad is some sort of engineer and has done well in real estate, they have several rental properties. They built their house themselves and paid cash as they went. Interesting way of life.

Respected Contributor

Not me. I stopped watching this cult after their 2nd television special on tv years ago.

Super Contributor

What is the big rush to get married and reproduce as soon as possible?

They court for a very short time, get engaged and then get married a few short weeks or months later. Some of them are still teenagers!! What is the big rush?

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@Gardengal55

They are extremly frugal, only buy used clothes, food shop at Aldi, make their own soap as well as other things, buy used cars and do everything for themselves. The dad is some sort of engineer and has done well in real estate, they have several rental properties. They built their house themselves and paid cash as they went. Interesting way of life.

The father is no engineer. He and his wife were married after high school and then sold real estate. 

Honored Contributor

@kelshar wrote:

They court for a very short time, get engaged and then get married a few short weeks or months later. Some of them are still teenagers!! What is the big rush?

@kelshar wrote:

Well, it starts with "s" and ends with "ex".  

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@Gardengal55

They started building the house and found they got in way over their heads.  A company (hired by TLC, I believe) came in and finished the house for them.

Jim Bob is definitely not an engineer.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@Gardengal55

They started building the house and found they got in way over their heads.  A company (hired by TLC, I believe) came in and finished the house for them.

@faeriemoon. You got that right. TLC paid for most of that house to be built. If TLC hadn't stepped in, the house would still be in the process of being built.

Trusted Contributor

Would not watch that family think they all need help.From not touching,kissing,to having babies is enough to make you shake your head.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@Gardengal55

I watched the show back when they were building their huge house.  Working on the house was part of the boys' home school experience.  I remember seeing LITTLE boys hammering nails and wondering how on earth the work we saw on TV could ever be up to code.

As I recall, the completely new furnishings (down to a baby grand piano) were donated.