Honored Contributor

So Good to See Shepard Smith Back on CNBC

Am watching him now.  He looks good and still offers an interesting reporting style.

Trusted Contributor

Re: So Good to See Shepard Smith Back on CNBC

Always liked Shepard ~ I've seen previews of his new

program Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Always liked Shep and glad he's back.

I read where he said his show will be unbiased.  Should be a nice change from the others.

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

Always liked Shep and glad he's back.

I read where he said his show will be unbiased.  Should be a nice change from the others.

I could not discern any bias in his reporting this evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, sure will be a new angle for him.  his show was all  personal opinion  when he was at Fox News . He could jabbber on and on  endlessly.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I never liked him on Fox News, and turned the channel when he came on...will not watch him now. I do think that a persons bias always shows through.

Honored Contributor

Shepard had a distinct style of reporting.  It's what made him popular, so I doubt he will change it.  He does have a quick wit.  However, his biases often were very obvious on Fox and I really doubt that will change either.  It was most notable when he was interviewing someone and wasn't getting the answers he thought he should be getting.  I "get" when the person being interviewed is trying to avoid the question; they should be called out on that, but often it was more than that.  He also often injected his own speculations in his reporting.  My favorite moments with Shep were the live car chases, which, BTW, I don't thnk I have seen any of since he left.  He wasn't the only one to report on the live car chases because they were very popular, but I think there was just so much political stuff to cover that they just quit covering them.  Or, maybe people just suddenly quit running from the police.  Yeah, I'm buying that one.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the show a lot.  It was the first time I tuned into a cable news show and didn't grab the remote in the first five minutes.  It was nice to hear about other things than the same handful of topics the cable news stations insist on banging away at these days . . . 

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter I'm also glad to see Shep on TV again.  I find his reporting clear, calm, and concise.  I do hope he'll report some bear sightings every once in a while.  Smiley Wink

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*