Honored Contributor

This new show premieres tonight at 9:00 on TNT, it stars James Hawes, Jennifer Connelly, Daveed Diggs, and Alison Wright. "A grisly murder stokes class division on Snowpiercer, the Great Ark Train; Melanie Cavill, the powerful head of hospitality, deputizes a dangerous rebel to help solve the killing-Andre Layton, the world's only surviving homicide detective. I'm not sure I want to watch this, I record and watch a lot on Sunday night, I'm not sure I want to take on another show.

Trusted Contributor

I'll watch the first episode. There is a movie that the show is basd on. It was tough to watch. It was very dark and very gory. The theme is an apocalypse scenario.

The TV trailer looks interesting and very much like the movie.

Honored Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

I'll watch the first episode. There is a movie that the show is basd on. It was tough to watch. It was very dark and very gory. The theme is an apocalypse scenario.

I'm going to DVR it, but I don't know if I'll watch.

Respected Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

Was the movie the same name?

Respected Contributor

We watched about 40 minutes on Netflix and bailed out.

I get it it is dark and violent but maybe a story would have kept our interest.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

Yes.   I thought it was pretty good.  For those that saw the movie, I loved the ending.

Will not be watching the series.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the show and found it intriguing. I will continue to watch. I always enjoy shows that  veer off into different scenarios. Interesting concept.

Honored Contributor

Totally forgot about this until flipping through I saw it listed, 15 minutes into it so we'll catch it on prime demand rerun this week. Wednesday is a good night b/c there's nothing on.

Trusted Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

Yes, it was. Very memorable movie.

Respected Contributor

I loved the movie. It was dark, gritty and intriguing.

Although I had my doubts about the series, I was willing to give it a chance. I watched the first 20 minutes and gave up. I found it very boring and outside of Alison Wright (who I loved in The Americans) I didn't like anyone in the cast. Jennifer Connelly was badly miscast.