Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Snapped! Betty Broderick 7/15/2020

@SeaMaiden That was interesting - thank you.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@Leggett28  Same here!  I wonder if there are some new developments in her pardon/appeal legal filings.

I DVR'd the series and every day I have numerous other episodes!!

Honored Contributor

I wish I had a dollar for every Betty Broderick movie I've seen.  Why do they have to constantly dig up these old murders?  It's not news; it's history.  They just repeat in a cycle.  It must be about time for another round of JonBenet Ramsey.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I wonder who really killed that little girl. It just seems so odd that someone came in off the street.

Honored Contributor

I did not like this snapped version, have seen so much better on this case.

Honored Contributor

I'm reading "Until the Twelfth of Never" by Bella Stumbo about Betty Broderick. There's two sides to every story. Dan Broderick was a real jerk. Not saying he and his wife deserved to die, but there's much more to the story than was portrayed in the Lifetime movie with Meredith Baxter Birney. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read Until the Twelfth of Never decades ago, when it came out a few years after the killings. Forget Hollywood; the book is full of accounts of all of the principals in this mess.

Dan Broderick was more than a jerk. One of the jurors who voted to acquit in BB's first trial said it best when he remarked that he wondered what took her so long [to kill him].

Nothing justifies murder. What's possible is that she really did snap, and possibly to the point of temporary insanity. She had, in fact, spent time in a psychiatric facility after she drove her car into his (formerly their) house. 

Dan Broderick was [insert crass verb here]  his uneducated pool receptionist-turned-"legal assistant" for many years, gaslighting his wife by denying it and calling her suspicions unfounded. When he finally admitted that she'd been right all along, he continued the psychological abuse. I wouldn't be allowed to describe here one of the vile ways he let her know he'd just had sex with Linda--but it's in the book.

BB put her own aspirations on hold to put Dan through school. She took care of the kids, she took care of the house, and she entertained prospective law partners at their home. When Dan Broderick finally attained the stature and financial success he thought he deserved, he wanted to start over again--with someone younger.

Not exactly a new story in the annals of marriages gone sour.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I think these shows are just the tip of the iceberg. We'll never know what wacky, to put it nicely, things she did. I think her brain just wouldn't let her rest. She had to get it out. She finally, tragically, did.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wish I had a dollar for every Betty Broderick movie I've seen.  Why do they have to constantly dig up these old murders?  It's not news; it's history.  They just repeat in a cycle.  It must be about time for another round of JonBenet Ramsey.

Why?   Because you keep watching them