Super Contributor

Smash - Someone (Else) Cares

After being disregarded, disrespected, abused and neglected by its parent network NBC, finally someone (other than the loyal fans) is showing Smash the love it deserves. I found this article on page 79 of the current issue (#1260) of the May 24th 2013 edition of Entertainment Weekly. I'm sorry they didn't add it to their website, but here's what TV writer Jeff Giles said in a final salute to this landmark series:

"At times there have been so many unpleasant characters crammed into Smash it was as if the producers were trying to figure out how many clowns could fit in a Volkswagen. But as the series takes its final breath with this finale about life-or-death Tony hubbub, I find that I've watched every episode, that the sneaky song "Broadway, Here I Come!" is camping in my head, and that I want to pin medals on the actors who've glowed despite the drama's thousand course corrections (Megan Hilty, for one, is like a lantern). The story of Smash, on screen and off, is the story of gifted people trying to make a show not s*ck. It's no small compliment to say they'll have died trying. - Jeff Giles"

REMINDER:
The two-hour Smash season/series finale (special day & time)
Sunday, May 26th from 9-11 PM Eastern
S2/Ep16 "The Nominations"
S2/Ep17 "The Tonys"