Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

@speedy girl wrote:

The thing I don't understand is, they act like money is so tight for them. But what happens to all the money they earn from the show? Don't they each have some of their own money? The way Meri had to come to all of them for part of the down payment and then they didn't have it, seemed really fake to me. Where is her money? 

TLC might not pay that much...

The reason she went to them is because Kodi has to have a meeting on everything and the "family" has to approve any business.  So when they said no because Kodi had some business deal where he lost money Meri had to do the loan on her own.  Which made Kodi look stupid.

When I watched the episode where Merri wanted to borrow 40k from the family because she needed 80k for a down payment, I knew right away at that incident was staged.

Merri said she had 40k and needed another 40k and announced that she was already approved by the bank for her loan.

I know of no bank that will approve of any loans where you do not already have your downpayment in hand.  If you need to borrow money or even if some money is gifted to you, they have to know about that.  They will check your financial records to see how long the money was in your account.  They are super strict on this.  They need to make sure you can pay back your loan to them.

I think Merri already had the loan lined up and her 40k of her own money was sufficient for her to get the loan.  She didn't want or need another 40k from the family.  

It seems every show on TLC is staged and so fake.

Respected Contributor

You can google sister wives salaries and find out just how much they all are worth. I guess it pays to air your dirty laundry but they better hope their show gets renewed.

Esteemed Contributor

@kittygalore: I live in a heavily Mormon populated area.  That said, there is some polygamy, although it's not generally acknowledged, it's against Church rules, ( but I've talked to some craftsmen who have worked on homes where there are two identical suites, complete with complete kitchens, and there are some very large families).  To each their own, these are great neighbors and they take care of their own.

Super Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I have seen clips for the show.  I know they are moving or have moved to Arizona.  Why is he talking about Utah?

@sunshine 919  He wants to move back to Utah, never really wanted to move to Arizona, so he says.

I don't buy it for one minute. Meri's B&B is successful and he is such a jerk. I think he wants to go back there so he can have a part in it. He can't stand not having the attention be on him. He left Utah in the middle of the night because of his plural marriage and now he wants to go back and confront the state govt. about it. NOPE. Not buying it.

Honored Contributor

@Veridoc wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I have seen clips for the show.  I know they are moving or have moved to Arizona.  Why is he talking about Utah?

@sunshine 919  He wants to move back to Utah, never really wanted to move to Arizona, so he says.

I don't buy it for one minute. Meri's B&B is successful and he is such a jerk. I think he wants to go back there so he can have a part in it. He can't stand not having the attention be on him. He left Utah in the middle of the night because of his plural marriage and now he wants to go back and confront the state govt. about it. NOPE. Not buying it.

I was thinking the same thing.  I am thinking he wants to be near the Inn.  The family has nothing to do with that Inn.  It is Meri's.  I totally see him trying to take over or something.  However Meri is getting stronger.  I think the other wives will be upset if he wants to move them their.  He is a mess.

Valued Contributor

What an A$$!

WHY Move anywhere else, Period?!?

Poor kids...they are finally happy in Vegas

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen any explanation of why they moved to Flagstaff.

New Contributor

Re: Sister Wives

[ Edited ]

Why doesn't anyone ever bring up that she was out looking for another man when she was catfished?   And if she would have found him she would have left.  I think that needs to be addressed with her and Cody, but that is never brought up. 

I think everything went downhill for her when Cody told her he didn't want to try to have another baby with her, but then he keeps having kids with Robyn. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@buyornot wrote:

@speedy girl wrote:

The thing I don't understand is, they act like money is so tight for them. But what happens to all the money they earn from the show? Don't they each have some of their own money? The way Meri had to come to all of them for part of the down payment and then they didn't have it, seemed really fake to me. Where is her money? 

TLC might not pay that much...

The reason she went to them is because Kodi has to have a meeting on everything and the "family" has to approve any business.  So when they said no because Kodi had some business deal where he lost money Meri had to do the loan on her own.  Which made Kodi look stupid.

When I watched the episode where Merri wanted to borrow 40k from the family because she needed 80k for a down payment, I knew right away at that incident was staged.

Merri said she had 40k and needed another 40k and announced that she was already approved by the bank for her loan.

I know of no bank that will approve of any loans where you do not already have your downpayment in hand.  If you need to borrow money or even if some money is gifted to you, they have to know about that.  They will check your financial records to see how long the money was in your account.  They are super strict on this.  They need to make sure you can pay back your loan to them.

I think Merri already had the loan lined up and her 40k of her own money was sufficient for her to get the loan.  She didn't want or need another 40k from the family.  

It seems every show on TLC is staged and so fake.

They reworked the loan with her down payment.  This way she only needed her money.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Anna22 wrote:

Why doesn't anyone ever bring up that she was out looking for another man when she was catfished?   And if she would have found him she would have left.  I think that needs to be addressed with her and Cody, but that is never brought up. 

I think everything went downhill for her when Cody told her he didn't want to try to have another baby with her, but then he keeps having kids with Robyn. 

Technically Meri is single.  The only married one is Robin.