Honored Contributor
I am over Meri playing the victim and I totally understand her daughter Mariah’s argument that Meri is blaming others without taking responsibility for her own actions in the whole catfishing fiasco. I also didn’t understand her going to Utah to close and not even telling the other wives where she was going. Interesting that Kody DID know and didn’t say anything. No communication in that family.

A bit embarrassed I’ve watched this show since the beginning, although I’ve missed a few episodes. I actually went back and watched part of the pilot episode this week. They were still living in Utah in that big house. He was just starting to date Robyn. I think everything started to fall apart when they moved into different houses in Vegas and started living separate lives as a result. There used to be a date night one day a week with each wife. I wonder if that is still done? Everyone, wives and Kody, seem less happy. I think the kids in general have their act together. One positive I will say is that the parents don’t push any religious views on the kids and just want them to be happy.

Background: Meri’s father had 5 wives. Kody did not come from a polygamist family and converted when he married Meri.
Honored Contributor

Google to find net worth of sister Wives cast, Kody's now is $1,000,000.

Trusted Contributor

The thing I don't understand is, they act like money is so tight for them. But what happens to all the money they earn from the show? Don't they each have some of their own money? The way Meri had to come to all of them for part of the down payment and then they didn't have it, seemed really fake to me. Where is her money? 

Esteemed Contributor

When a man has 4 wives and 18 children, some of whom are in college, getting married, etc., one million dollars isn't a heck of a lot.  There are 4 houses to keep up, bills to pay, food, so much more.

Today, I don't think a million is really that much.  JMO  Years ago, being a millionaire was a big deal.  Today, being a Billionaire is a big thing.....

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

When a man has 4 wives and 18 children, some of whom are in college, getting married, etc., one million dollars isn't a heck of a lot.  There are 4 houses to keep up, bills to pay, food, so much more.

Today, I don't think a million is really that much.  JMO  Years ago, being a millionaire was a big deal.  Today, being a Billionaire is a big thing.....

@sophiamarie  I wonder how much each makes from TLC.

Trusted Contributor

I don't feel sorry for Meri at all.  She was having an emotional affair, but it doesn't seem like anyone on the show sees it this way.  All the focus is on poor Meri getting catfished, played by someone.  Well, it wouldn't have happened if she wasn't online looking for attention.  No way I would have admitted to this and allowed it on the show.  Cheater. 

Respected Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

I don't feel sorry for Meri at all.  She was having an emotional affair, but it doesn't seem like anyone on the show sees it this way.  All the focus is on poor Meri getting catfished, played by someone.  Well, it wouldn't have happened if she wasn't online looking for attention.  No way I would have admitted to this and allowed it on the show.  Cheater. 

That's exactly the way I think Mariah sees the situation.

Honored Contributor

Just having a million dollars does not make you rich.   Just saying.

Honored Contributor
I seem to recall that TLC threatening to cancel the show after last season because of low ratings but Kody negotiated another season, presumably at lower salaries. I would say they NEED the TLC money.
Trusted Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I feel bad for her. They've obviously turned against her in my opinion.

I feel exactly the opposite-I thought they were being so supportive.