Honored Contributor

So, wait a minute...back up!  I haven't watched this show in a long time.

Is this his daughter having a baby and everyone is watching her have this baby and it's in the bathroom and they're all in there watching it?

Pure trash.  That's what I say.  Good grief!

When my husband was alive my oldest daughter gave birth to two of our (now 7 grandchildren).

Myself, my 2 other daughters and husband were in there.  But it was a huge room and my husband wasn't anywhere near where he saw 'things'.  He wanted to witness my daughter first meeting her child.  Then we got out and she and her husband had alone time.

I am very, very close to my girls.  They wanted me there and their sisters each time.  (He died after the first 2 were born).

Did the girl having the baby want all of those people in there?  How big was this room?  So it was all on TV?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

Is this his daughter having a baby and everyone is watching her have this baby and it's in the bathroom and they're all in there watching it?

When my husband was alive my oldest daughter gave birth to two of our (now 7 grandchildren).

Myself, my 2 other daughters and husband were in there.  But it was a huge room and my husband wasn't anywhere near where he saw 'things'.  He wanted to witness my daughter first meeting her child.  Then we got out and she and her husband had alone time.

I am very, very close to my girls.  They wanted me there and their sisters each time.  (He died after the first 2 were born).

Did the girl having the baby want all of those people in there?  How big was this room?  So it was all on TV?

@Annabellethecat66  The young woman having the baby, her husband, mom, 2 other women (sister wives), and 2 different midwives that came in and out, and I'm not certain who else, was there in a fairly sized bathroom. They were sitting in folding chairs as the young lady labored in a big garden tub. Her dad kept looking in there and came in for the birth.

It wasn't all shown, but it was enough to get the picture of what was happening by what they were saying. Also, 2 little girls were outside the door while she was crying out in pain etc. This went on for many hours and the adults acted like it was no big deal. I only heard the one having the baby saying she wanted one of the other sister wives there, also her mother and husband. Her husband said he didn't want anyone there but the midwife.

Honored Contributor

She labored in the tub for a while, then moved into the bedroom to have the baby.  It wasn't a water birth.

Honored Contributor
Someone posted this on the Sister Wives Facebook Page: Kody stole the moment of birth from Caleb. He had his big old head right up in Maddie's goods telling Caleb how to catch the baby. They all should have honored their wishes and left them alone instead of pulling up chairs and cheering her on like they are at a ball game. Kody really is a piece of work.
Super Contributor

@SeaMaidenwrote:

@highmaintenancejanwrote:

The whole thing bothered me....the baby was toooo big for her!!  She needed a 'C-section'...she's lucky she or the baby didn't die.  What poor decisions!!  Yes, I felt sorry for her husband!!  What a freak show that was!!!

P.S.  Has anyone noticed...Robyn looks Pregnant

@highmaintenancejanwrote:

The whole thing bothered me....the baby was toooo big for her!!  She needed a 'C-section'...she's lucky she or the baby didn't die.  What poor decisions!!  Yes, I felt sorry for her husband!!  What a freak show that was!!!

P.S.  Has anyone noticed...Robyn looks Pregnant

I think Robyn is just getting fat like the other sister wives have over the years...

@SeaMaiden. Her face is definitely fuller, I thought she could be pregnant, too.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@BeccaLouwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@BeccaLou

You don't have to write "becca lou wrote".  When you use the quote feature, all you have to do is make your comment underneath everything that was said prior.  If someone again quotes an exchange, "becca lou wrote" will be added automatically.  It doesn't come up for me. What does it matter ?

@BeccaLou  It doesn't come up until someone quotes you.  It's not that it matters per se, just not necessary because the system is set up to note attribution when needed.

Becca lou wrote: with out doing what I do it's all scrambled and it looks like it was all my comment. Have a good Day @JeanLouiseFinch

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLouwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@BeccaLouwrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@BeccaLou

You don't have to write "becca lou wrote".  When you use the quote feature, all you have to do is make your comment underneath everything that was said prior.  If someone again quotes an exchange, "becca lou wrote" will be added automatically.  It doesn't come up for me. What does it matter ?

@BeccaLou  It doesn't come up until someone quotes you.  It's not that it matters per se, just not necessary because the system is set up to note attribution when needed.

Becca lou wrote: with out doing what I do it's all scrambled and it looks like it was all my comment. Have a good Day @JeanLouiseFinch

@BeccaLou  That's because you write right beside the other comment.  Press "Quote" and then cursor down a few times and start writing.  The entire post says that it's becca lou that is making the comment.  This is not meant to be critical, only to help.  We all had to learn this way.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  The young woman having the baby, her husband, mom, 2 other women (sister wives), and 2 different midwives that came in and out, and I'm not certain who else, was there in a fairly sized bathroom. They were sitting in folding chairs as the young lady labored in a big garden tub. Her dad kept looking in there and came in for the birth.

It wasn't all shown, but it was enough to get the picture of what was happening by what they were saying. Also, 2 little girls were outside the door while she was crying out in pain etc. This went on for many hours and the adults acted like it was no big deal. I only heard the one having the baby saying she wanted one of the other sister wives there, also her mother and husband. Her husband said he didn't want anyone there but the midwife.

The two young girls were first in the bathroom on the folding chairs, then at a moment when Maddie wanted the cameras out, they went into the hall, too. I do think that Kody was a bit too much in the hands on dept. Birth is a very special moment and this should have been Maddie & Caleb's time to experience together.

Respected Contributor

This family knows no boundaries. Maddie and Caleb need to get jobs and move out before their lives are completely taken over.

Honored Contributor

@chessyladywrote:

This family knows no boundaries. Maddie and Caleb need to get jobs and move out before their lives are completely taken over.

@chessylady  I don't know if it's true or not, but I read that Maddie and Caleb are getting their own spinoff. I guess they are popular, and companies are interested in sponsering the show. Agree with you that they need to get out of that house ASAP.