Honored Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:

I've heard the reason they have births at home is because they can't put the father's name on the birth certificate before, but In this case there was a father that only has one wife. However, if there were plural wives, couldn't the woman having the baby just leave the father's name off the birth certificate? I often wonder if some of these people don't have births at home due to the cost. I've noticed the Duggars usually opt for home births as well.

Leaving the name off the birth certificate has issues should the father pass away and what the child could be eligible for and entitled to.  

Respected Contributor

@colliegirlswrote:

I have only one thing to say.....Have babies in the HOSPITAL!!

Becca Lou Wrote: That is only way they could control the media.,and I think they are still afraid of the police.

Respected Contributor

@CRAZYCATLADYwrote:

I was totally disturbed that Kody was "on the receiving end".  OMG...can't image my father help to catch the grandson.  EwWWW!!!

becca lou wrote: My thought exactly !! My Dad couln't control himself to even come to the hospital for me. 

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafterwrote:

@colliemom4wrote:

I've heard the reason they have births at home is because they can't put the father's name on the birth certificate before, but In this case there was a father that only has one wife. However, if there were plural wives, couldn't the woman having the baby just leave the father's name off the birth certificate? I often wonder if some of these people don't have births at home due to the cost. I've noticed the Duggars usually opt for home births as well.

Leaving the name off the birth certificate has issues should the father pass away and what the child could be eligible for and entitled to.  

Becca Lou wrote: The cost would be a huge factor. But TLC would probably pick up the tab.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why polygamists would leave the father's name off the birth certificate.  Unmarried women list the father's name all the time.  The hospital isn't going to go to the police.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@Kitty Galorewrote:

@BeccaLouwrote:

@colliemom4wrote:

Anyone watch last night? I can't believe Maddie walked around in labor for 3 days. I'd run to the hospital! I felt sorry for her husband because he wanted to be the only one there beside the midwife. People pulling up chairs in a bathroom and all the other going ons surrounding the birth were just weird to me.Becca Lou Wrote : Yes I did watch last night , and you are right that was way to long to be in labor. The cord could have been around that baby's neck. Also her husband should have had respect of the personal viewing of Maddie. And what in the world was that mid-wife doing stripping her membranes? , never heard of that one! I was scared just watching.

@BeccaLou  What in the world is stripping the membranes????🙀. I didn't understand that one .  Maybe to graphic for here ,  I should goggle it.  I'm thinking I know but not by that term anyways!!

@Kitty Galore- stripping the membranes is when the doctor (or midwife) physically separates the membrane that contains the bag of water from the wall of the uterus, at the opening of the cervix.  Doing that releases a hormone that stimulates labor.  

Becca Lou wrote : Maybe that's another way of saying that she was going to break her water sac.

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejanwrote:

The whole thing bothered me....the baby was toooo big for her!!  She needed a 'C-section'...she's lucky she or the baby didn't die.  What poor decisions!!  Yes, I felt sorry for her husband!!  What a freak show that was!!!

P.S.  Has anyone noticed...Robyn looks Pregnant

The whole thing bothered me....the baby was toooo big for her!!  She needed a 'C-section'...she's lucky she or the baby didn't die.  What poor decisions!!  Yes, I felt sorry for her husband!!  What a freak show that was!!!

I think Robyn is just getting fat like the other sister wives have over the years...

Honored Contributor

The whole thing is ridiculous, and Cody bothers me more than anything. They have the camara on him sitting and talking and he actually says "this is the first time I've realized that child birth could actually be dangerous...."  Seriously Cody??  How old (and narssistic) are you.... 12?  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@BeccaLouwrote:

@CelticCrafterwrote:

@colliemom4wrote:

Becca Lou wrote: The cost would be a huge factor. But TLC would probably pick up the tab.

@BeccaLou  Yes. I think TLC would pay.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaidenwrote:

I think Robyn is just getting fat like the other sister wives have over the years...

Becca Lou Wrote : I agree that was such a not thought out plan, not to mention those little girls shouldn't have been there.