Valued Contributor

8 lbs 8 oz.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galorewrote:

the reason that most poligimists dont go to the hospital to give birth is they are breaking the law in most states and cannot put down the fathers name,  they can be arrested. Besides women have been given birth at home through the years ,  as long as not a high risk birth .   I feel there should be a plan fir getting to the hospital though if things aren't progressing or going well.  I thought maybe that was the case yesterday ,  I was getting really nervous fir Maddie watching it .   It didnt bother me that Cody was there,  obviously he has been through this many times and sounded like he knew what he was doing.   Glad it all turned out well , a baby is such a blessing .   

I think too if Maddie wanted all of them out she would probably have voiced that even while being in pain .  It sure is a huge extended family though for sure.  A lot of drama but it seems line they have fun and rely on each other.  Not my lifestyle choice but it works for them .  I say live and let live 😺😺.  

Im going to miss the show now that it's cancelled,  maybe the network will change there minds.    I have a feeling the Tony and Mykelti storyline affected the ratings in a negative way.

Maddie & Caleb are not polygamists.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galorewrote:

@BeccaLouwrote:

@colliemom4wrote:

Anyone watch last night? I can't believe Maddie walked around in labor for 3 days. I'd run to the hospital! I felt sorry for her husband because he wanted to be the only one there beside the midwife. People pulling up chairs in a bathroom and all the other going ons surrounding the birth were just weird to me.Becca Lou Wrote : Yes I did watch last night , and you are right that was way to long to be in labor. The cord could have been around that baby's neck. Also her husband should have had respect of the personal viewing of Maddie. And what in the world was that mid-wife doing stripping her membranes? , never heard of that one! I was scared just watching.

@BeccaLou  What in the world is stripping the membranes????🙀. I didn't understand that one .  Maybe to graphic for here ,  I should goggle it.  I'm thinking I know but not by that term anyways!!

@Kitty Galore- stripping the membranes is when the doctor (or midwife) physically separates the membrane that contains the bag of water from the wall of the uterus, at the opening of the cervix.  Doing that releases a hormone that stimulates labor.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have only one thing to say.....Have babies in the HOSPITAL!!

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafterwrote:

@Kitty Galorewrote:

the reason that most poligimists dont go to the hospital to give birth is they are breaking the law in most states and cannot put down the fathers name,  they can be arrested. Besides women have been given birth at home through the years ,  as long as not a high risk birth .   I feel there should be a plan fir getting to the hospital though if things aren't progressing or going well.  I thought maybe that was the case yesterday ,  I was getting really nervous fir Maddie watching it .   It didnt bother me that Cody was there,  obviously he has been through this many times and sounded like he knew what he was doing.   Glad it all turned out well , a baby is such a blessing .   

I think too if Maddie wanted all of them out she would probably have voiced that even while being in pain .  It sure is a huge extended family though for sure.  A lot of drama but it seems line they have fun and rely on each other.  Not my lifestyle choice but it works for them .  I say live and let live 😺😺.  

Im going to miss the show now that it's cancelled,  maybe the network will change there minds.    I have a feeling the Tony and Mykelti storyline affected the ratings in a negative way.

Maddie & Caleb are not polygamists.

Oh I realize that ,  I was just answering why the wives didn't go to the hospital to give birth.  I dont know why Maddie preferred at home birth,  she said she read up on water births and wAtched videos on it .

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@Kitty Galorewrote:

@BeccaLouwrote:

@colliemom4wrote:

Anyone watch last night? I can't believe Maddie walked around in labor for 3 days. I'd run to the hospital! I felt sorry for her husband because he wanted to be the only one there beside the midwife. People pulling up chairs in a bathroom and all the other going ons surrounding the birth were just weird to me.Becca Lou Wrote : Yes I did watch last night , and you are right that was way to long to be in labor. The cord could have been around that baby's neck. Also her husband should have had respect of the personal viewing of Maddie. And what in the world was that mid-wife doing stripping her membranes? , never heard of that one! I was scared just watching.

@BeccaLou  What in the world is stripping the membranes????🙀. I didn't understand that one .  Maybe to graphic for here ,  I should goggle it.  I'm thinking I know but not by that term anyways!!

@Kitty Galore- stripping the membranes is when the doctor (or midwife) physically separates the membrane that contains the bag of water from the wall of the uterus, at the opening of the cervix.  Doing that releases a hormone that stimulates labor.  

@JeanLouiseFinch  Thank you for the explanation,  I always thought that should happen naturally unless absolutely necessary.    Maybe Maddie should have gone to the hospital 

it is great that it all turned out well for mom and baby though.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sister Wives

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galorewrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@Kitty Galorewrote:

@BeccaLouwrote:

@colliemom4wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  Thank you for the explanation,  I always thought that should happen naturally unless absolutely necessary.    Maybe Maddie should have gone to the hospital 

it is great that it all turned out well for mom and baby though.

@Kitty Galore  Sometimes labor stalls and moms need help or she may be beyond her due date.  Sometimes the stripping can happen toward the end of a pregnancy when moms are getting their internal checks at the doctor's office.  In a hopsital, she could have been given drugs to induce labor, but membrane stripping is an option there too.  If she's ready, there's no harm in doing it.   

I have mixed feelings about home births.  Yes, it's all natural and women have been doing it forever.  What we don't know from history is how many babies and/or moms didn't make it.  I knew someone who tried a home birth with a midwife that didn't work out and the baby was lost.  Things started going wrong with the delivery and they tried to get to the hospital but they were too late.  When birthing rooms came along, those seemed like a good alternative to me.

Honored Contributor

I've heard the reason they have births at home is because they can't put the father's name on the birth certificate before, but In this case there was a father that only has one wife. However, if there were plural wives, couldn't the woman having the baby just leave the father's name off the birth certificate? I often wonder if some of these people don't have births at home due to the cost. I've noticed the Duggars usually opt for home births as well.

Contributor

I was totally disturbed that Kody was "on the receiving end".  OMG...can't image my father help to catch the grandson.  EwWWW!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I fell asleep because the show was its usual snoozefest, so I missed the actual birth, but now that I know Cody was there -- well, ewwww.  A father just shouldn't be looking at that part of his daughters body.  And I really hope Maddie's next baby is born in the hospital after this experience.  Sounds like it wasn't good.