Honored Contributor

Anyone watch last night? I can't believe Maddie walked around in labor for 3 days. I'd run to the hospital! I felt sorry for her husband because he wanted to be the only one there beside the midwife. People pulling up chairs in a bathroom and all the other going ons surrounding the birth were just weird to me.

Trusted Contributor

I made it through about half the show and fell asleep.  They were really dragging it out - so she had the baby and all was OK?

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:

Anyone watch last night? I can't believe Maddie walked around in labor for 3 days. I'd run to the hospital! I felt sorry for her husband because he wanted to be the only one there beside the midwife. People pulling up chairs in a bathroom and all the other going ons surrounding the birth were just weird to me.

@colliemom4  Wow, are you serious???  Even "Pumpkin Boo Boo" had more class when she had her baby.  Mama June insisted the photographers close the door until the baby was born and then she let them open it.  

I kind of felt sorry for June - driving all that way back when she had a detached retina, just to be able to see her new grandbaby and then her SIL didn't have the ***** to let her hold the baby until someone probably told him to hand it over.

Anyway, I digress.  Back to Sister Wives.  Why is it that they are so insistent on giving birth at home as opposed to going to a hospital.  I don't get it.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:

Anyone watch last night? I can't believe Maddie walked around in labor for 3 days. I'd run to the hospital! I felt sorry for her husband because he wanted to be the only one there beside the midwife. People pulling up chairs in a bathroom and all the other going ons surrounding the birth were just weird to me.Becca Lou Wrote : Yes I did watch last night , and you are right that was way to long to be in labor. The cord could have been around that baby's neck. Also her husband should have had respect of the personal viewing of Maddie. And what in the world was that mid-wife doing stripping her membranes? , never heard of that one! I was scared just watching.

Respected Contributor

@Shogirlwrote:

I made it through about half the show and fell asleep.  They were really dragging it out - so she had the baby and all was OK?

Becca Lou Wrote: Yes everything seemed to be Okay .

Honored Contributor

I found it weird that Cody was in the room, and from the conversations heard through the door, it sounded as though he was on the "receiving end" of the events.

Anyone else kind of bothered by that?

Honored Contributor

Re: Sister Wives

[ Edited ]

@sophiamariewrote:

@colliemom4wrote:

@colliemom4  Wow, are you serious???  Even "Pumpkin Boo Boo" had more class when she had her baby.  Mama June insisted the photographers close the door until the baby was born and then she let them open it.  

I kind of felt sorry for June - driving all that way back when she had a detached retina, just to be able to see her new grandbaby and then her SIL didn't have the ***** to let her hold the baby until someone probably told him to hand it over.

Anyway, I digress.  Back to Sister Wives.  Why is it that they are so insistent on giving birth at home as opposed to going to a hospital.  I don't get it.

@sophiamarie  I felt bad for June too. I think Pumpkin would have been ok without her. Of course they have to ramp up drama for the show. Tough call there.

It seems none of them have common sense letting Maddie be in labor for that long. All the sister wives kept saying it will be soon but it wasn't. They acted like they didn't have a care in the world about it. Kody did say it may be very dangerous and I believe he actually helped deliver the baby. Watch the episode when you can. It scared me watching it. I still can't get over it. I have had complications during pregnancies and birth and know many others that have as well.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLouwrote:

@colliemom4wrote:

Anyone watch last night? I can't believe Maddie walked around in labor for 3 days. I'd run to the hospital! I felt sorry for her husband because he wanted to be the only one there beside the midwife. People pulling up chairs in a bathroom and all the other going ons surrounding the birth were just weird to me.Becca Lou Wrote : Yes I did watch last night , and you are right that was way to long to be in labor. The cord could have been around that baby's neck. Also her husband should have had respect of the personal viewing of Maddie. And what in the world was that mid-wife doing stripping her membranes? , never heard of that one! I was scared just watching.

Yes. It scared me too. In this country in this day and age I can't imagine a birth like that, and I've never heard of stripping the membranes either. Her husband was definitely disrespected.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoonwrote:

I found it weird that Cody was in the room, and from the conversations heard through the door, it sounded as though he was on the "receiving end" of the events.

Anyone else kind of bothered by that?

@faeriemoon  He was there when the baby was born. He said he was honored. The danger of the entire event bothered me more than anything but yes, it was weird. Meri was the only one that said it bothered her to be there and felt they needed space.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4  I will definitely watch it later today.  Last night was just too much Sister Wives.  Three in a row???  LOL  I saved the baby for today.