Honored Contributor

Does anyone still watch this?  Mckelti's fiance is kind of strange.  Why is he with her to try on wedding dresses?

Honored Contributor

I was channel surfing and saw them tell Mykelti's boyfriend that they don't talk about tampons. Hypocritical much? They not only talk about but practice things others don't do. Though I've tried I just can't watch the show anymore. It's become so boring. I agree with you about Mykelti's boyfriend being strange! I'm surprised this show is still on the air.

Esteemed Contributor

Yeap, he’s strange, but so is mykelti -so maybe they’re a good pair. I think Meri needs to leave the family and get on with her life. As I recall, they already took care of the divorce. Seems like she’d be so much happier to just leave already.

Respected Contributor

I think he is very strange and also they are both very immature. I know he is from a different culture than she is but I see a lot of him controlling all the decisions and her acting like she is into it. Of course this is just my opinion. I am not sure how much of the real story is on the air so possibly there are things that would show it in a different light if we saw all of the actual events.

Respected Contributor

yellow919, He is strange and immature. I pray she changes her mind, I feel she will be miserable and had lasting regrets. She did have this look on her face like "Who Are You" Hopefully she won't start a family with this crazy.

Respected Contributor

Goldengate 8361, I think that's why she wants that house in Utah. If she moves there by her self she will be fine. She is not married to that crazy Kody any longer. Yeah !!!!" Run Meri Run and don't look back".!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Haven't read the other posts yet, but no, I'm not watching.  I mean when Mary went off the deep end and all the catfishing entered, I said, goodbye.

Some reality shows, go on WAY too long.  I really don't watch any now.

Respected Contributor

I was surprised to see the previews for yesterday’s show because I thought it had been cancelled. I stopped watching a couple of years ago when they couldn’t get through a show without one of the wives breaking down in tears. Initially, it was interesting to see how they managed the dynamics of a plural marriage. Then it just devolved into a circus with a traumatic event/cliff hanger each season. I don’t remember McKelti (spelling courtesy of auto correct), but I remember that the second daughter to get married had an odd husband who wanted Kody to take out a second mortgage to pay for a big wedding for them. Was that her?

I think Meri should have left a long time ago. Now that she and Kody have divorced, she could probably return to Utah and rebuild her life. Come to think of it, she was his legal wife up to that point - the others were basically mistresses. While I was still watching it, they went to great pains to point out that they weren’t like Warren Jeffers. However, there are parallels if a member wants to leave (my assumption) and feels pressured by the others to stay. They’d probably be happy for her to leave, but need her for the angst she adds to the show. Oh well, it takes all kinds. . .

Trusted Contributor

I have watched the first episodes of this season. I always think it will ehlp me fall asleep.

It has teh exact opposite effect.

I googled and saw they did buy the B&B in Utah. Meri should go off by herself. She is clearly not happy in this family. They all sit around and tell her how she does not interact, but they make no effort to do so. And to me it seems as though Cody does not want to be around her at all. They should give their blessings and let her go. If she is not iteracting they wont even miss her. Her own daughter does not even respect her.

Mykelit's boyfriend/husband is beyond creepy. To me he comes off as a user, loud mouth, sarcastic jerk. He would not even translate when his parents met her parents.

He is hard on the eyes.

When the two of them were insisiting on 400 hundred wedding guests regardless of the cost, 5 Taco stands, they were so demanding and paying for nothing.  

Two very selfish young people.   

Honored Contributor

I agree that Mari  really left the family long ago starting before her divorce from  Cody so Cody could adopt the new wife's children. She seems a mental case.  Not good in the head. Maybe she needs to go somewhere and get help. I can not see how Cody could be attracted to this woman who is mentally a mess.