Trusted Contributor

I just read that Cody quietly divorced Meri and married the youngest one, I can't think of her name.

Jessa
Trusted Contributor

I just remembered her name....Robyn

Jessa
Contributor

I thought Cody and Robyn have been married for years.

I love Meri. I'm sorry they have divorced.

Contributor

I just looked up the news you mentioned, and I am surprised that he isn't really married to his "Sister Wives". It said he married Meri legally, but had "religious weddings" with the other wives. You are right that he just legally married Robyn. I guess I just don't understand how the state does not consider a religious ceremony as legal. He has always introduced all of them as his wives.

For me, this changes the whole premiss of the show. Don't misunderstand me...I believe we are to have one spouse only as ordered by God, and that is why our laws support that. So, my problem is that if he is not legally married to all of them, why is this show and their lifestyle shown as a bigamist lifestyle?

Esteemed Contributor

What????? Meri must be really ticked, I assume she is leaving the family??

Esteemed Contributor

I see now that it was a family decision. wow

Honored Contributor

What did I miss? I'm confused. What happened?

Respected Contributor
I read that this was a family decision so that Robyn's three kids by her first marriage can get insurance benefits. But what about Janelle and Christine 's kids? I don't get it.
Honored Contributor
On 2/3/2015 Shawnie said: I read that this was a family decision so that Robyn's three kids by her first marriage can get insurance benefits. But what about Janelle and Christine 's kids? I don't get it.

Me either.

Trusted Contributor

Wow. Robin's first 3 kids are not even his, whereby all of Christine's and all of Janelle's kids are his. I guess I don't get it. But I've always liked Janelle the best of all 4 of the wives. Meri I did not care for very much. Not that I watch faithfully. I have probably seen half of 5 shows.