Honored Contributor

About a week ago I read that Meri's mom passed away. I don't know what was wrong. Since they never mentioned her being ill on the show I can't help but wonder if something unexpected didn't happen. She was 76.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I always say I'm going to stop watching it but I don't lol. I did for a while but started again.

it's like watching a train wreck; you know you shouldn't but you just can't help yourself.

Respected Contributor

I swore I'd never watch this show as I don't condone what they're doing.  However... it's their choice and not my call to make on how they live their lives. 

I just find the whole family dynamic interesting and watch for the women alone.  Kody is just icky to even look at, I wish he'd do something with that hair!

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

About a week ago I read that Meri's mom passed away. I don't know what was wrong. Since they never mentioned her being ill on the show I can't help but wonder if something unexpected didn't happen. She was 76.

@colliemom4     At age76 I will be saying a prayer everyday that I wake up to face one more day.... nothing is  for sure at that age...

Trusted Contributor

I agree that this show is kinda nuts, but I am intrigued for some reason so I keep watching. 

I got the impression that Meri wants Kody back (I can't imagine why...) and wants a relationship with him again. She flirts and he is turned off.  He doesn't seem to "hear" that or doesn't trust/believe her.  Isn't he obligated on some level to forgive her and return to the relationship he took religious vows about?  He got himself into this mulitple marriage mess.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4     At age76 I will be saying a prayer everyday that I wake up to face one more day.... nothing is  for sure at that age...

@SeaMaiden  Yes. My mom died in her 60's.

Honored Contributor

I don’t apologize for any shows I watch.

I watch it because it’s interesting to see the dynamics in this group of people.

I think one of the more interesting things will be as these “kids” grow up; to see which one’s decide plural “marriages” are for them.

I think Kody’s hair is a mess.  One of my favorite parts of the show was when they went to visit another plural family and the male asked Kody what happened to his hair!

I wonder which wife gets the ‘honor’ of perming Kody’s golden locks?

Woops!  Gotta go!  My stomach is feeling kinda queezy.

Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Geez, Meri, tell us something we didn't know already. That ship sailed a long time ago. I stopped watching two years ago. 

@GenXmuse      Run while you can Meri....

Respected Contributor

I get the feeling that Meri loved being first wife and lost some of her prestige when she and Kody divorced. I know she has had disagreements with all her sister wives and is a bit of a pill. That being said, she is still young enough to find a man instead of taking Kody's verbal abuse. She needs to realize that Kody is done with her and pretty much told her to leave. 

Honored Contributor

@chessylady  You are right.

In the comments Meri made she, several times, when explaining the hierarchy of plural marriages, she kept talking about who is queen....and who gets shoved to the back of the line.

I think she really loves Kody ( he’s sooooo gross).  However I don’t think he’s attracted to her....at all anymore.

I get the feeling he’d like to trade her in for a younger wife.

All of the women kept talking about how much “Kody loves babies”.

That makes me think he wants a much younger wife.  One who can have babies for at least 10 years...at least.

All of the other women are getting a bit old to have babies, except for Robin and she keeps saying ( paraphrasing) “ The baby making matching is closed”.

For all we know he’s been interviewing potential wives for 6 months or so.

I say that because every one of the women ( and he) keeps talking about how much he’s “on the road” these days.

I’m curious how one goes about finding a woman who wants to be in a plural marriage?

What woman in her right mind would want to be in that messed up family?

So does the wife stand by the side of the road with a sign that says “Pick me”...then her statistics are listed....like “ I’m 25 years old, willing to have a baby a year, good teeth, good health, willing to be a doormat...(what else)...Ugh!