Honored Contributor

I recently read that Kody owes a lot in back taxes. Hundreds of thousands of dollars. I'm wondering if the show will even be renewed.

Super Contributor

I read that each of them, or several of them, have been through at least 3 bankruptcy’s over the years...

How is it that they manage to get all these loans/mortgages as easily as it seems?

Were they in Vegas 7-years? Isn’t that the length of time to it takes to restore credit after a bankruptcy?

(I have no idea what Im talking about, so please don’t blast me!) lol

BTW, anyone see the NEW SHOW: 1 Husband, 3-wives?

Respected Contributor

Interesting about the tax situation and the bankruptcies.  The fact that they've moved 19 times is telling.

Has anyone else thought that it seems like Kody is running away from something rather than simply wanting to live in Flagstaff?   They, or maybe it's just him that suddenly seem to have very negative feelings about the Vegas life style.  Holy cow!  What did they think Vegas was, Little House on the Prairie?  It's not called Sin City for nothing.  At first the wives were very opposed to the move, then gradually, one by one they changed their minds after visiting Flagstaff alone with Kody.    Wonder what was done or said that made them flip flop.  Obviously, we only see very small snippets of their lives. 

I feel so sorry for the young man who is so anti move because he will lose things, like scholarship $$$, his position on the wrestling team, and friends that are very important to him.

Wow, I just realized I need to stop watching this craziness!  

Respected Contributor

I would love to know their financial situation (of course, I never will).  I've read that they were in a hurry to leave LV because balloon payments for the 4 mortgages were coming due, and they wanted to sell before that.  At last report, I think only one house has sold (in real life).  Also, I've read that they do have a pretty good income from the show itself.  Who knows though?

This family fascinates me, and not always in a good way . . .

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I wonder if Kody uses people and has fall outs with them etc. so he moves all of the time? I've read that Billy Brown of Alaskan Bush People did that across the country and even stole from a minister.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 

I just don't understand why he needs to urgently need to move in  hurry...if it was money problems..   why  keep this show on the air??  Does the tv station pay those bills for them??

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

this guy is insane & don't understand why they give into him. Now he is building is compound with all of them under one roof. Oh no why don't the wives rebel. I would not be under the roof with them. He doesn't have anything to appeal to me. getting older and his crazy ideas needs to stop. Can just one wife stand up to him & say you are insane and I want out. Get out & find another man with a job & be with you & only you so you don't have to share. 

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

this guy is insane & don't understand why they give into him. Now he is building is compound with all of them under one roof. Oh no why don't the wives rebel. I would not be under the roof with them. He doesn't have anything to appeal to me. getting older and his crazy ideas needs to stop. Can just one wife stand up to him & say you are insane and I want out. Get out & find another man with a job & be with you & only you so you don't have to share. 

@sissel  I think he's gone off the deep end.

Respected Contributor

From what I've seen of him lately, he looks like he just EMERGED from the Deep End........and in pretty bad shape from his plunge. 

The wives, however, appear at times to be more sane--and demonstrating more realistic thinking--than ever.

They're all a little nuts, though, for putting up with or wanting  the lifestyle.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 

But..this might disagree w/him...but i think they then do what he wants  so he won't bully them....

if one lady disagrees..must of the time they gang up on her  until  she changes her mind!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."