Esteemed Contributor

I live 2 hours from Flagstaff (in a very mountainous community).  Half way between Flag and me is a community that I know has some plural families.  No big deal.  By the way, the cost of living is way better than either Vegas or Flag.  This weekend there was a newer home in this area that was 6500 we ft with acreage, five bdrms, six bthrms for 375k, for instance.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I live 2 hours from Flagstaff (in a very mountainous community).  Half way between Flag and me is a community that I know has some plural families.  No big deal.  By the way, the cost of living is way better than either Vegas or Flag.  This weekend there was a newer home in this area that was 6500 we ft with acreage, five bdrms, six bthrms for 375k, for instance.

@patbz   Interesting!  I drove through Flagstaff once about 8 years ago.  My DH was doing a lot of work in Phoenix one winter (flying out almost ever week) and so I joined him one time and we drove from Phoenix, to Sedona for a long weekend then through Flagstaff then up to the Grand Canyon...beautiful countryside! 

Flagstaff looks like a nice area.  I'm surprised at the low cost to build a mega house!  In my area 375K would buy you a modest condo or an older small (think Levittown) home.

I think the reason for the move is for the continuation of the show and its income.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@patbz wrote:

@patbz   Interesting!  I drove through Flagstaff once about 8 years ago.  My DH was doing a lot of work in Phoenix one winter (flying out almost ever week) and so I joined him one time and we drove from Phoenix, to Sedona for a long weekend then through Flagstaff then up to the Grand Canyon...beautiful countryside! 

Flagstaff looks like a nice area.  I'm surprised at the low cost to build a mega house!  In my area 375K would buy you a modest condo or an older small (think Levittown) home.

I think the reason for the move is for the continuation of the show and its income.

I watched the first few of the shows and years later "checked in" to see how it was going.  What I saw years later is an extremely scripted show that oftentimes looks like "created drama" to remain relevant enough to stay on TV.  Moving for the sake of moving is one of these!  I'd be so glad if reality tv just went away.

Honored Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

Was the tell all a new tell all? My TIVO guide listed it from 2017.  

@lenapecci   New.

Honored Contributor

How fake Kody was...he told his "wives"  we must move "now" today,etc.....

then it shows him being upset as they had all driven away.  and complained no one helped him....what the heck?

Then being upset because the family is seporated in rented houses...come on Kody...you told them they" had" too!  you even bullied them!

Whats wrong with him??...maybe he just wanted the ladies to look bad ..wrong!

Wish they would rebel and kick him out...but it won't happen...so how many tell all shows do we hear him whining??

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Yes some of it is fake, but reality tv isn't going anywhere. It's too popular. They were too "all over the place" with the last few episodes of this series.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 

I agree...!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I am still trying to figure out the rush. It would have made more sense to move as the homes sold.  Not sure why the women had to leave so fast.  i think meri is the only one who said i am not going yet.  I did not watch the whole thing, but none of the houses looked ready to move.  There was stuff everywhere,

Honored Contributor

Anyone watching the finale?  I am taping it and watching Call th Midwife

Honored Contributor

I watched parts of it lol. I really need to rewatch. Too many distractions this evening. Why was Christine acting so phony?