Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Does that show come on TLC?  Whatever station it comes on they constantly say they (the station) is number one.

In 'the old days' things couldn't be said like that (or it was at least challenged) unless it was pretty close or true.

That station has some of the ......@@#$% (let's say 'questionable') shows on TV......

I'm not dissing the shows (I watch some of everything), I just think it's kinda sad and funny that so many of the @#$% shows find their way to that station.

@Annabellethecat66   Yes TLC = The Lunatic Channel Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

I  think these women are stupid.  Why all the wives?  What about a few husbands?  One thing though, the women can gang up on him (I think that is Kody and he has 4 wives).  I have not been watching that long.  I don't understand these women at all.  I am not sure how their children adjust to this lifestyle.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I  think these women are stupid.  Why all the wives?  What about a few husbands?  One thing though, the women can gang up on him (I think that is Kody and he has 4 wives).  I have not been watching that long.  I don't understand these women at all.  I am not sure how their children adjust to this lifestyle.

It seems well so far anyway none of the married kids are interested in sharing their husbands.  They have learned this is not the way they want to live.

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie   Someone started a thread about Seeking Sister Wives if you want to join us.

Honored Contributor

Kodi is looking like a mad scientist.  I think another poster stated this in an earlier post.

Honored Contributor

Why do these ladies feel they need to follow him.  They are not legally married to him.  He wants to run for office.  Is he serious lol.

Respected Contributor

Polygamy today should be considered a mental illness.

Back in ancient times and up to when this country was expanding westward, it made sense to have more than one wife for several reasons.   I assume this is why the Mormons made polygamy part of their faith.    Death during or after childbirth was common so it made sense then to have more than one wife.  Additionally, the amount of work that was required was almost impossible to handle with just one man and woman, so it actually was beneficial to the family, including the women, to have several wives.  

Today, we have washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, etc. and we don't have to chop wood to heat water, fuel to cook food, and warm the house.  We have food stores, so we don't have to help plow the fields, grow the crops, harvest them, then can everthing.  

More than one wife today is unnecessary, and, seems IMO,  a raw deal for the women. 

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@astrodome wrote:

I thought the same thing.  He had nothing to do with the financing, renovation, decoration - nothing with anything so why is he up there helping Meri to cut the ribbon to open the inn up? 

He keeps talking about moving from NV because they can theoretically take all his assets due to polygamy.  Well, Kody - then why did you move there in the first place?

Now apparently he wants to move just for the sake of moving.

This show is really becoming tiresome - why not just call it the "Meri Therapy Show".

Lol

Now he wants to move back and run for office - to change the law about polygamy.

Esteemed Contributor

Now he wants to move back and run for office - to change the law about polygamy.

@Isobel Archer   LOL - I wonder which hairdo he will choose.....I don't like any of them, especially the wild, crazy hair with no curl.....

Respected Contributor

Just watched the episode where Kody is explaining that they need to move NOW to safeguard their financial situation.

What?  First he claims the market is about to crash so time is of the essence.  But even if they sell at a profit, they have to buy four new houses - not to mention possibly live in rentals until that's done and then there're all the costs of moving as well.

Then he doesn't want to deal in "emotions."  But this seems to be all about his desire to run for office in Utah.  So his emotions/desires are worth considering - even if the wives' concerns about the effects on the kids in high school are not.

And he goes on and on about "leadership."  Please.