Honored Contributor

Sister Wives Shakeup - January 2023

[ Edited ]

Paedon Brown, 23 yr. old son of Kody & Christine, is on video stating he and some of his siblings never felt safe around Meri.  Without saying exactly how, he's on record reporting that she exhibited some kinds of abuse toward some of the kids.  He's also on record saying he'll never hate Robyn because she recognized certain things, due to having abuse in her history with her ex, and intervened on the children's behalf. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Sister Wives Shakeup - January 2023

Got to stir things up to keep the mostly female audience engaged so the show can continue.  That's the formula TLC has always used.  The show's principals have zero credibility.  The only thing they have in common at this point is the love of a paycheck.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think this was in an interview Paedon gave to a wacky yet well known you tuber named John Yates.

Paedon said he didn't want to say too much as he didn't want his words to cause an issue that may result in problems for the show and wishes it to continue for as long as possible.

Also, one of the girl's wouldn't give a name, but it was obvious she was talking about Meri in a twitter post in which she said she was a monster. She made the post around 3 years ago but a viewer found it online.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Got to stir things up to keep the mostly female audience engaged so the show can continue.  That's the formula TLC has always used.  The show's principals have zero credibility.  The only thing they have in common at this point is the love of a paycheck.

It's a pretty serious allegation.  It made me wonder if it would spell the show's demise and terminate the income stream for all of these nut jobs. 

Honored Contributor

It's a tv show. It needs drama. I don't watch the show, but I do when someone makes an vague, halfway accusation, there's probably no truth to it.

Respected Contributor

I'm not surprised at anything I hear about this family any longer. Time to get them off TV!

Honored Contributor

I believe the next season is probably going to be the last season of the show as all the wives have left, but they may come up with some sort of storyline for them though they are not together. I'm hoping it will end. I can't stand Kody.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4    Every year we think this MUST BE the last season but these people manage to soldier on and it continues, although there is no longer any story about which anyone is interested.  They are remarkable in that aspect.  Its become a show about nothing so they try to stir it up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I watch this show as a guilty pleasure from time to time; particularly this season. I admire Christine's resolve., and painful decision to leave this dysfunctional family. That took great courage, and demonstrates that the "tapestry" of this family was not as tightly woven as demonstrated! The fact that two other wives left in short order is quite telling.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Just my thoughts. It could all be a bunch of nonsense to thicken the plot and have people tuning in, if they're renewed. But, I think ALL of them have been keeping secrets that might have interfered with the show renewing, until things went deep south.

We may actually be hearing more truths, now, that their lifestyle was fraught with difficulties and not the way they tried to portray it earlier on. That this lifestyle, they defended so strongly, is far from rainbows.

It could be the women tried to nurse it along, in silence, because of the young children. They're growing up now. They're facing being left with one another and Kody, as the kids fly the nest. Not a pleasant thought. I think Robyn is even getting tired of Kody, but she has fewer options than the other ladies. 

Meri sure acted sullen and wounded for a good while and her relationship with her own daughter was strained. Her daughter didn't seem to trust her much either. Sister wives weren't big fans of her, and Kody had no trust with Meri, which may have been more than just the catfishing event. That was just a symptom of a much larger problem. 

Paedon may have been telling the truth, that Meri could be a little scary. It's clear she has some emotional issues, even when trying to appear her best. She now has almost a satisfied affect, that others are struggling and leaving. She's like, 'now you see how I've felt.' She's passive aggressive, for sure.

As with most situations, though, when things begin breaking down, those involved begin pointing fingers and casting blame. We'll never know for sure, but I think some things were hidden and dark, probably from all sides.