Respected Contributor

Sing-along-with Grateful Dead

We have a small, local, supermarket here in the mountains where mostly all locals shop - fewer people - but more expensive but maybe 'safer' re pandemic.

I went into shop - DH chatting to owner outside entrance.  Then on their Muzak system comes 'Ripple' being played by Grateful Dead  - well - could not resist started singing then from next aisle another voice - ended up with five of us plus cashier all singing - all distanced and masked but a movin and a groovin!  Great song, great words.

Owner evidently asked DH wonder what's going - to which He told me he replied it'll be my wife every gig we worked she left her post to boogie!    

Honored Contributor

Re: Sing-along-with Grateful Dead

What a cool grocery store and what fun customers!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   And a beautiful, soulful song - came  home and played it again just to delight DH!

Trusted Contributor

That is so cool.  Wish I had been there!  I used to live very close to the movie studios and when I'd shop at Trader Joe's on a couple of occasions shoppers would be singing and dancing in the aisles.  I always figured they were studio people but maybe not.  It was fun regardless.

Esteemed Contributor

Funny...I have never heard that song in my life. I just asked "Alexa" to play it.....I've never heard it or even heard of it. Sounds like a really nice grocery store, though.

Esteemed Contributor

Somehow Muzak and Grateful Dead do not mix in my head.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick  Well whatever music tracks they use in our local store - I think most people know what I mean!

Esteemed Contributor

So it was actually the Dead and not a "musical rendering?"

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Cool!  I've heard the song before, but never knew what the title was or who it was by ( & I'm old, but the Dead were not really my thing back in the day!  )

Respected Contributor

@dulwich  

What a great grocery store and customers!  Growing up in SF and loving the Dead, Ripple is one of my favorite songs as well as Sugar Magnolia.