Honored Contributor

Re: 🐯 Siegfried & Roy 🐅

[ Edited ]

I watched this and found it fascinating.  I had no idea the animals were that close to the audience.  Wow that would never happen today, no barriers? That was amazing.  Although I do think their shows looked amazing.  When that elephant stood up wow.  Their costumes, magic acts the animals must have been something to see.  

I think another poster mentioned that it seems like S and R seemed to have been over confident about the relationship with the animals.  This tiger was trained to come out in a certain way but this time the tiger missed his mark and instead of Roy taking him in a circle again and redoing it he tried to force the tiger.  Some people do blame Roy. This is probably why he did not want anything to happen to the tiger.

There were witnesses that said Roy was knocked over and did not fall.  Also the Mirage has refused to release any tape of the incident which leads me to believe that the tiger did attack him.  I believe that they want to keep the image that they always had control of the animals

Doctors never found any evidence that Roy had a stroke.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I missed this, so thanks for posting about it.  Will catch it on Youtube.

I have seen their show a few times in Vegas.  It's amazing.  Will never forget during one show when both S&R are on stage and the lights went out.  When they came back on Siegfried was standing on our table!!  I remember right before the lights came on we heard a whoosing sound, but that was it.  Obviously we were shocked to see him on our table and he was laughing at the looks on our faces.    He didn't even knock over our drinks!!

They did mentioned that S and R were in great shape.  Thats how they could be in one spot and seconds later be someplace else.  Now I know what they were talking about.  I bet their show was amazing. Those costumes wow.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Didn't Roy also say something about stepping backwards in his high heeled shoes & stumbling over Mantecore's paws & falling backwards, which startled & confused the tiger?

The animated reinactment showed the tiger stepped on top of Roy's shoe.  His shoe must have been very thick for him not to notice.  The tiger was well over 500 pounds.

Not only did both wear high heels, the shoes had lifts in them which caused both men to walk around like ballarinas.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac I couldn't watch it and forgot all about it. Thanks for your post.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

Interesting pair aren't they.  I always thought they were a couple but Siegfried said he loved Roy like a brother.  Anyway they have always looked good together.  Their compound where the animals are is lovely, its called the secret garden.  Nice to see that they are taking it easy, aside from working on their movie.  Those shows must have taken a lot out of them even though they enjoyed it

Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoyed this show!!  I really did not know much about the men. Have just seen pictures and TV coverage of their Vegas show!  

Would love to believe that the tiger was moving Roy to protect him, but don't think that is what happened.  I do think that all 'wild' animals - regardless of training - will revert back to their primordial reflex when in a situation that is not routine!!

Honored Contributor

"Would love to believe that the tiger was moving Roy to protect him, but don't think that is what happened."

"Felines" are carnivores.  Wild or domesticated they will take their food (MEAT) to a safer & comfortable place to eat so as not to be disturbed.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

"Would love to believe that the tiger was moving Roy to protect him, but don't think that is what happened."

"Felines" are carnivores.  Wild or domesticated they will take their food (MEAT) to a safer & comfortable place to eat so as not to be disturbed.

--------------

Exactly!!  Have seen that action many times when watching animal shows on TV. Was surprised when someone on the show said that the tiger was moving Roy to protect him!!