Esteemed Contributor

Re: Side Effets of Binge Watching

@Desert Lily wrote:

@Lindsays GrandmaLOL. Thank goodness, I haven't gained any weight. I substituted my morning waffles for a slice of the coffee cake, froze half of the cookies to keep them out of reach (Lol), and I haven't started in on the frozen cheesecake yet. The blueberry muffins have been my dessert. I lost over 20 pounds when I was sick in early spring with the virus, and after some months of staying thinner I donated my larger size clothes and bought smaller ones. So, I can't gain pounds back.

But, I think I could gain weight just looking at the wonderful baked treats on The Great British Baking Show!

@Desert Lily ..Now that you mentioned it, I'd be happy to take that cheesecake off your hands.  Woman Wink

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Desert Lily  I enjoyed your post.  I think we've all been there.  However, speaking for myself, I'm not that good of a baker.

I do make a few things that are pretty good.  So you should celebrate the fact that  you can do more than one thing at a time.

As for me, ummm....I'm a slug when I binge.  I make a trench from the TV to the fridge.  At no time do I stop to cook anything.

@Annabellethecat66   "a trench," LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   Freezing cookies does nothing to keep me away, I just eat them frozen, lol.  I am about to begin Christmas cookie baking, so I will have a stash in the freezer, but not for long.

Super Contributor

I absolutely adore the "Great British" baking shows.  They are the only reality shows I really watch.  I love that even though the participants are competitors that they exhibit a great camaraderie.  Also, their creations are unbelievable, especially considering that they are amateur bakers.