Respected Contributor

Side Effets of Binge Watching

Over the past couple weeks, I've binge-watched the 4 different Great British Baking Show series on Netflix: Holiday, Master Class, New episodes, The Beginning episodes.

The effects of my watching have been that during this same time I've baked a cinnamon coffee cake, biscuits, blueberry muffins, chocolate chip cookies (sans chips), and ordered a NY cheesecake that I'm drowning in Hershey's chocolate syrup.

I'm hunkered down alone during this pandemic with a pile of bakery. Yikes!   LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Side Effets of Binge Watching

@Desert Lily  I enjoyed your post.  I think we've all been there.  However, speaking for myself, I'm not that good of a baker.

I do make a few things that are pretty good.  So you should celebrate the fact that  you can do more than one thing at a time.

As for me, ummm....I'm a slug when I binge.  I make a trench from the TV to the fridge.  At no time do I stop to cook anything.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been eating Christmas candy (Need to get more Reese's Christmas Trees) and Boom Chicka Pop Kettle Corn. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I've been eating Christmas candy (Need to get more Reese's Christmas Trees) and Boom Chicka Pop Kettle Corn. Smiley Happy

My favorite Boom Chicka is Strawberry Greek Yogurt Drizzle

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily - I'll be right over. We can social distance! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

The British Baking Shows are amazing!  I adore them!  I can't believe the things they come up with.  I drool just watching.  However, I am not a baker.  My things are strictly from a box!  I just watch for entertainment, not to actually duplicate their recipes!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desert Lily wrote:

Over the past couple weeks, I've binge-watched the 4 different Great British Baking Show series on Netflix: Holiday, Master Class, New episodes, The Beginning episodes.

The effects of my watching have been that during this same time I've baked a cinnamon coffee cake, biscuits, blueberry muffins, chocolate chip cookies (sans chips), and ordered a NY cheesecake that I'm drowning in Hershey's chocolate syrup.

I'm hunkered down alone during this pandemic with a pile of bakery. Yikes!   LOL

@Desert Lily ...My first thought was maybe you were gaining weight having to eat of all those goodies by yourself.  You made me laugh when you said that you were "hunkered down alone," for sure that's a lot of bakery goods to find yourself with. Woman Very Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@Lindsays GrandmaLOL. Thank goodness, I haven't gained any weight. I substituted my morning waffles for a slice of the coffee cake, froze half of the cookies to keep them out of reach (Lol), and I haven't started in on the frozen cheesecake yet. The blueberry muffins have been my dessert. I lost over 20 pounds when I was sick in early spring with the virus, and after some months of staying thinner I donated my larger size clothes and bought smaller ones. So, I can't gain pounds back.

But, I think I could gain weight just looking at the wonderful baked treats on The Great British Baking Show!

Esteemed Contributor

My problem is eating watching reg. TV  2after hours after dinnerv and eating something.  Then everyday I do a lot of exercise.  Walking, bike Zumba and walk dog.  So I walk 4 to 5 miles a day and bike 5 and 1he zumba.  Going in to do free weights.  So doing all this, I have to watch what I eat, because of age.

Metabolism almost stopped.  I would really be in trouble if I didn,t exercise, or would have to  cut way down in my eating.

For a week I didn,t eat after dinner and lost a few lbs.

I binge watch on my iPad when I go to bed at night.  No food then.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@Desert Lily 

Well, you could put everything in the freezer .... or someone else's freezer.