Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sick of hearing "C.E.O." on the Y & R!!!

I have been watching for quite a few years....and even though there were times the storylines were stupid or

outrageous...they NEVER were as bad as this past year

or unbelievable.....as others have stated ....i am also starting to believe this is a "purposeful" tank of the show

so viewers will complain and they will take it off the air

and replace it with a cheap talk/game show and CBS can

save themselves some $$$...........sad....  the stupid storylines HAVE to be on purpose.....

Honored Contributor

Be a mercy killing when they ax the show.

Honored Contributor

Well, there will be a new story line soon, "Love Triangle" between Arturo & Rey with Rey's wife, I think this family is going to take over the show and put the Abbott's & the Newman's on the back burner, LOL!

@catwhisperer:  (((HUGS)))Heart

Esteemed Contributor

We used to hear Delia's name 20,000 times a week!

Honored Contributor

Aren't all soap operas about the same? I'm glad I have something to watch during lunch.

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Well, there will be a new story line soon, "Love Triangle" between Arturo & Rey with Rey's wife, I think this family is going to take over the show and put the Abbott's & the Newman's on the back burner, LOL!

@catwhisperer:  (((HUGS)))Heart

Arturo huh... Hope Rey's wife has a strong stomach...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Aren't all soap operas about the same? I'm glad I have something to watch during lunch.

Unfortunately, yes, they're all about the same, but the fact is they used to be a good bit better... There have always been certain similarities, but the shows used to be better crafted and a bit more consistent... Casting seemed more successful and was also based on attempts to create interesting characters and no so much to focus on 'diversity' at the expense of story. Show history wasn't subject to so much revision simply to promote current writer's whims or inadequacies and story lines weren't left hanging for months or years at a time...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Unfortunately, yes, they're all about the same, but the fact is they used to be a good bit better... There have always been certain similarities, but the shows used to be better crafted and a bit more consistent... Casting seemed more successful and was also based on attempts to create interesting characters and no so much to focus on 'diversity' at the expense of story. Show history wasn't subject to so much revision simply to promote current writer's whims or inadequacies and story lines weren't left hanging for months or years at a time...

Exactly~

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

We used to hear Delia's name 20,000 times a week!

Yeah, and how about NIck barking "but, she's the mother of my children". I heard that so much I mouthed the words before he said them. LOL    Victor bellowing at Nicki "You got that"!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Why is Jill so protective of that God awful ugly statue ? Looks like an alien life form. Maybe it's come to earth to take 'em all back with him. LOL

tx man.gif