Honored Contributor

Re: Shutting down Forums.....

@corita wrote:

Huge mistake, QVC!  Please rethink that move!!! Many of your cutomers - including me - will never get on Facebook or any other social media format. 

I enjoy coming to this forum to read others' reviews, thoughts, opinions and suggestions.  And like many, I go to the website offerings after reading about the products on the threads. Often these items are products that I had never heard of or didnt know much about....

@corita  I don't think Q will change its mind but I do think it is shooting itself in the foot. Just more of the downhill slide.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@colliemom4 then they need to update the banner at the top of the forum page where it says the forums end on Nov 2

@GinaV24  Check this out

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Mods-I-Have-A-Question/m-p/7006099/highlight/true#M65768 

@colliemom4 

Unfortunately they seem to have changed their minds.  Check this out:

An Important Update: QVC's Blogs & Forums page will be going away 11/2.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

And this:

Connecting with our QVC community is everything to us—so we created a new destination for superfans (like you!) to keep the convo going & stay in the know on all things Q. Join our We #loveQVC Facebook group to find inspiration, get recommends & interact with your fellow shopping fam, hosts, and guests. So much fun awaits & we hope to see you there! 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@colliemom4 then they need to update the banner at the top of the forum page where it says the forums end on Nov 2

@GinaV24  Check this out

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Mods-I-Have-A-Question/m-p/7006099/highlight/true#M65768 

@colliemom4 

Unfortunately they seem to have changed their minds.  Check this out:

An Important Update: QVC's Blogs & Forums page will be going away 11/2.

@shoesnbags  Yes. I was just showing her the original response.

Honored Contributor

This feels like when I found out "MASH" was ending.

Trusted Contributor

It has been fun posting in the TV and Movie forum. I have discovered so many shows and movies to watch and enjoy. 
Since they are going to close the QVC forums I will not be going to FB or any other forums. I mainly post here in this forum. When this one shuts down the only I may join is PrimeTimer. 

I have appreciated everyone's recommendations!, 

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely if ever watch the Q. I come to the forums to get suggestions, advice and information on products. They have lost their way. I don't need to have the colors repeated 7 or 8 times. I can see the colors but what I don't get is pertinent information on the product. It has become an entertainment channel with little or no information given. 

Companies loose out when they start cancelling their base. Facebook is for profit not security. It offers nothing but maybe that is their goal. Offer nothing to the customer and make them buy 5 or 6 sizes in an item because no relevant information was given. I guess making money on returns is their prime objective. 

The Q used to be a good place to buy a variety but now there is no variety and pricing on many items are not competitive.  Sorry to see the culture has changed so drastically.

Esteemed Contributor

@elated I am beginning to think that too, that their biggest moneymaker is return.  The only sizing information they give is "everyone is wearing their true qvc size", or for a couple of brands to check their sizing chart.

Valued Contributor

Does anyone know of a n independent discussion group for movies/TV?

Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

Does anyone know of a n independent discussion group for movies/TV?

Oznell set one up - this is what she wrote.

"

In the general Delphiforums,  I posted a little beginning convo on the Fuge, but it hasn't shown up yet.

Then, I found the Wisteria Lane category, which is specifically welcoming Q refugees.  So I have posted a new thread which, once vetted, I'm hoping will show up!

It's titled,  "The Fugitive Classic TV Series".