Respected Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

For years, I've worked closely with the marketing director of the nonprofit organization for which I work.  While I do not have a degree in this field, she does, and I've learned a lot from her.  One of the biggest things I learned is that timing and the intensity with which you push an event is very important.  If we have several things happening at once, she gets very frustrated, because she knows that the public gets annoyed if you overwhelm them with too much "stuff," because people get annoyed enough as it is that you're always asking them for money as a nonprofit.  Even releasing something on our Facebook page is carefully timed.  So, I understand, from experience, how even worthy causes can be annoying with their marketing techniques.  I don't think it's right for contributors to try to spank other contributors for expressing their annoyance about this.  People don't seem to be complaining about the organizations' needs, they seem to be complaining about how the organizations are poorly expressing those needs.  

Thank you for your post TenderMercies!

I swear if I wrote about cute puppies I would get dogged by some.  

Respected Contributor

Good Morning Everyone,

I am grateful for all of the people that understood my point about the repetitive ads.

So sorry for the ones that couldn't grasp my point and turned this into something ugly.

This is the only social media arena I have ever visited or used and I enjoy helpful feedback on movies, TV programs and yes, even advertizing.  Many of us have commented on ads being funny, dumb, or memorable.  I should have a right to my opinion.

May you all ad something constructive to every post you take the time to write on.  That is and has been my goal.  

Cathy