Valued Contributor

We no longer watch the following after watching them for quite awhile:

Dancing with the stars

The Batchelor/Batchelorette

Big Brother

Survivor

Regular ABC/NBC/CBS nightly news

Now that we're retired we watch:

Reruns!  The Virginian, Gunsmoke, Leave it to Beaver (we watched the entire 400+ episodes, entire seasons of House, almost all of Everyone Loves Raymond, The Office (dumb but still funny), nature shows, dog agility, and we did the entire seasons of Dallas during covid!  

We watched a special on Joan Collins last week - quite interesting and also a special birthday celebration for Norman Lear's 100th birthday - wow! 

I don't like anything that's negative as there's enough of that out there!!

What are you no longer watching and what do you watch now?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Shows you no longer watch?

[ Edited ]

Definitely do not watch any news programs.  Haven't for over 2 years.

I do read the NY Times and Chicago Tribune.

I watch TCM, reruns of Law & Order (the original only), Frasier and some sports--the Laver Cup (tennis) was great; college and pro football.  TV is not my first choice for entertainment.

Honored Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

Dancing with the stars

Big Brother

Survivor

Reruns!  The Virginian, Gunsmoke, Leave it to Beaver (we watched the entire 400+ episodes, entire seasons of House, almost all of Everyone Loves Raymond, The Office (dumb but still funny), nature shows, dog agility, and we did the entire seasons of Dallas during covid!  

We watched a special on Joan Collins last week - quite interesting and also a special birthday celebration for Norman Lear's 100th birthday - wow! 

I watch almost no television which is weird because I used to have many favorites. I watch Young Sheldon, House Hunters, Masterpiece Theater, and no old programs ! I know that many like nostalgia, but for me they were fine in their time, but now they are just dated. I stream some Netflix and Amazon programs, but not many. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

"The Goldbergs", I miss the "Murray" character.

Trusted Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

Dancing with the stars

Big Brother

Survivor

Add any housewives shows to that list for me. Can't stand any of them. Love bewitched series !

Respected Contributor

I no longer watch ... Dancing With the Stars,  That one I always watched by myself as my husband never cared for it.  

Together we always watched "Shark Tank" but both of us lost interest in it a few seasons ago.

We now watch " FBI and FBI International.  We also like Blue Bloods although I think my husband might enjoy it more than I do I wouldn't miss it too much if the show ended.

Both of us loved the new "Magnum PI" and are anxiously waiting for its return next year.

We don't share all the same taste in TV shows so he has his TV in the den and I watch the one in the livingroom.  His favorite channels are the History channel and the Discovery channel and watching many of the older movies on Netflix and Prime.  

My choices are the older sitcoms like "Golden Girls" and "Frasier".  I also love the older shows like "Murder, she Wrote" and "Diagnosis Murder.  I love a good mystery.  

We are very alike in most ways but our TV reviewing takes a whole different turn.  Fortunately we have TV's in different rooms so we have lots of places to watch our favorite shows.

Regular Contributor

I no longer watch network TV shows (ABC, NBC, CBS) because they're garbage. DH watches all the oldies (Andy Griffith, Superman among many others). I can't wrap my head around them any longer. I mainly watch cable news (Fox) but do enjoy Seinfeld - the show about nothing!  

Honored Contributor

When The Blacklist comes back it will be without me, I haven't liked the show for many seasons, it has veered way off course. I also won't be watching CSI Vegas, I haven't warmed up to the new cast and now that Gil and Sarah are out I'm not interested anymore. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't watch the Blacklist since they included the Liz pregnancy, stopped watching Gray's Anatomy after the first couple seasons, Dancing With the Stars when it added themes and got soapy, Sheldon just lost it's appeal. I never watched Housewives, Batchelor, Love Island...

Respected Contributor

I stopped watching DWTS when they got rid of Tom B.  Haven't watched The Bachelor or Bachelorette in years - so fake and a waste of time.  I do watch the local news because I like to know what's going on in my area.