Honored Contributor

I get why in the past, shows went on a winter break, taking December off and returning in January. This was okay when the new Fall season started in mid September to mid October, but this season everything started late. Shows are going on hiatus after three airings or so, why didn't the networks just hold off and start the season in January?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shows On Winter Break

[ Edited ]

The stations air holiday programming.  That's why shows went on hiatus. 

Honored Contributor

@godi I realize that, but I'm sure there isn't enough holiday content to fill every hour for six weeks plus. They probably don't want to waste first run episodes, maybe people don't have the time to watch ( although this year is different people aren't as busy as they once were).

Respected Contributor

Re: Shows On Winter Break

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I get why in the past, shows went on a winter break, taking December off and returning in January. This was okay when the new Fall season started in mid September to mid October, but this season everything started late. Shows are going on hiatus after three airings or so, why didn't the networks just hold off and start the season in January?

I wondered the same thing. A few episodes and another break was just silly. I'm still bummed about Supernatural ending I need something else to watch. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 I agree! Jeeze. The Good Doctor just came back on, and now after next week is on Winter Break! I can understand being off maybe the last two weeks of December and the 1st week of January, but a lot of these show just came back on!

Honored Contributor

The Chicago shows had 2 episodes, now on break.