Respected Contributor

We've dropped everything that is on the major networks. American TV is mostly a vast wasteland - poor story lines, poor writing, poor directing, etc. We do watch Yellowstone on Paramount.

Regular Contributor

@Jordan2 - Great topic! I wanted to say that I felt the same way after watching the 1st epidode of Our Kind of People. My sister & I watched the same night, and we agreed that it was going too slow and had multiple storylines jumbled into that first night. It just seemed like too much. However, I held on and watched the next week. It has gotten SO much better and is good now, lol! It has gotten very interesting!  I've talked to a few people who are disappointed with it bc they say it reminds them too much of the show Empire. I never watched Empire, so i couldn't speak on that.  Maybe try watching it again..you may like it after all. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've really surprised myself this year.  I have dropped Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Chicago Med, Law & Order SVU, and Dancing With The Stars.  

I've watched all four of these dramas since the beginning.  I've just kind of lost interest.  I didn't think I'd ever stop watching SVU.  I've watched all of the Law & Orders.  I don't like the idea of Benson and Stabler getting together, and I feel like that's where the show is headed.  

I tried watching the new Law & Order with Stabler last year and didn't like it.  It seems many of the episodes will be cross-overs this year, and I don't want to watch both.  I just gave up on it.

I've watched DWTS since the second half of the first season.  I don't enjoy Tyra Banks at all and decided to quit watching it this year.  I love to watch the dancing but just can't take her.

I've been watching a lot more of the streaming networks.  I just finished the first season of Truth Be Told with Octavia Spencer and Aaron Paul.  It was great.  I will start the second season soon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching A Million Little Things because it was getting old, predictable for me. Really liked it at first.

Respected Contributor

I pretty much  stopped   watching regular  TV  several  years ago.So except for Bull which  I stoppedwatching after 4 episodes I've

never  heard  of  any  of  the others.

Valued Contributor

I dropped This is Us (couldn't deal with some of the PC storylines)

Also, dropped The Good Doctor - Shaun's relationship with Leah just never grew on me, and when she got pregnant, I totally checked out

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shows I’ve Dropped

[ Edited ]

There is absolutely nothing on tv that I care to watch. I used to look forward to September when network channels would premier their new shows for the season. Things are so different now. I get at least 200 channels and most of the shows are stupid.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Valued Contributor

I don't watch the ER and fire trucks/ ambulance /hospital shows , l worked as an EMT on an Ambulance for 12 years and those shows are so beyond real life !  Also can't stomach those pimple popping shows , now there is 3 different ones , ish ! 

Honored Contributor

Dropped Chicago Med after the 1st season.

Dropped Chicago Fire after the 1st season.

Dropped Chicago P.D. after Olinsky was killed. 

Dropped L&O SVU years ago. 

Ready to drop The Good Doctor unless Lea leaves but I think that show is not going to make it after this season.

Stifling *yawns* through The Walking Dead but having stuck it out since the beginning just waiting to see the finale, hoping to see Michonne and Rick and kids reunited.

Dropped La Brea after one episode.

Dropped all soap operas in the 1980's.

We only watch a few shows on regular TV now since there is just so much more on outlets like Netflix and HULU.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

This is Us

Big Sky

The Resident may be next on the chopping block. Conrad without Nic might be all it takes.