Trusted Contributor

Showbiz Kids-HBO Documentary

Showbiz Kids the HBO Documentary by Alex Winter airs Tuesday July 14th at 9PM. 

Showbiz Kids offers an unvarnished look at the high-risk, high-reward business of working as a child actor in the entertainment industry. Written and directed by former child actor Alex Winter (Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, The Panama Papers), the film chronicles the shared experiences of prominent former child stars and the personal and professional price of fame and failure on a child.

The film features a wealth of intimate, revealing interviews with successful child actors such as Henry Thomas, who starred in E.T. at the age of 11; Mara Wilson, who first appeared in Mrs. Doubtfire at the age of 6; Todd Bridges, who was on TV’s Diff’rent Strokes beginning at age 13; the late Cameron Boyce, star of Disney TV’s Jessie at age 12; Milla Jovovich; Evan Rachel Wood; Jada Pinkett Smith; Wil Wheaton and more.

The film also follows two aspiring, young hopefuls and their parents as they unpack their own complicated experiences and reconcile the sacrifices they’ve made on their way to finding success in show business while maintaining a healthy childhood with friends and family.

Showbiz Kids, a Ringer Films Production, is written and directed by Alex Winter. The film is produced by Alex Winter and Glen Zipper; co-produced by Sean Fennessey, Noah Malale and Devorah Devries; and executive produced by Bill Simmons (for HBO: executive produced by Nancy Abraham and Lisa Heller). Music by Jeff Tweedy, Spencer Tweedy and Sammy Tweedy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Showbiz Kids-HBO Documentary

Sounds interesting.  I didn't know Jada Pinkett was a "child star." Smiley Surprised

I'm surprised Ron Howard's (Opie) name was not mentioned and/or not included in the documentary. Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Showbiz Kids-HBO Documentary

I have this set up to DVR.