Super Contributor

Gosh gosh I haven't been on this forum in couple years! I'm back!!

has anyone ever seen the docuseries Time of Death?? It was made in 2013 in real time and I just saw it in August. I was consumed by it for 2-3 months. Watched 5 X straight.

it follows people with various terminal illnesses to their last breath and their families. 

Most real, brutal, raw, lovely, true, honest thing I ever saw on tv! A must see. 

Only 6 episodes. Wish they would make more series. 

Honored Contributor

I would not watch something like this at all.

Super Contributor

It's not what the title sounds like. The families participate to show love and acceptance and say they hope people see it and love their families and take away the love that is shown throughout the show in all the families!! It's not about death it's about LOVE! 

So beautifully produced and made. The families are dear and brave to do it to show people not to be afraid of death. They are doing us a service! It's not morbid as the 1st reply may think. It's about the thing that will affect all of us and how to endure it with nothing but LOVE, 

Respected Contributor

Been through too many losses the past few years....have absolutely no interest in seeing a show watching others go through it. 

Sure there is love....but to say "nothing but love" is a real stretch.

Glad the OP found it enjoyable/helpful.

Valued Contributor

Watched that series a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.  The people all were so open and caring.

Honored Contributor

Re: Show "Time of Death"

[ Edited ]

@nougat No for me. Having watched my precious younger GD get diagnosed with a glioblastoma at age 8.5 and given 18 months to live, seeing what she and her family went thru until her untimely death at age 10, NO thank you. I have even less interest in this.

AND watching my late DH suffer with 3 types of cancer over a period of 3 years and having been his main caretaker with help from hospice, I already have had the experience don't need to watch it on tv.

Honored Contributor

@nougat -

It sounds like you did get a lot from this and in a good way.

For me, I've held too many with love, in my arms, taking their last, or in these days, knowing they were breathing their last in the hospital on a ventilator, that I could have been in this documentary, as I suspect many of us here could. So to watch it on tv is not needed because we experience it right here. How else could it be but with love but also great sorrow.

My daughter was a hospice nurse but it was too sad for her. She went back to ER. (as if that isn't sad enough!).

Maybe another time, far into the future if I'm there, it might be something I could watch.

Have you experienced many deaths personally to people that are close to you?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

Yes "on the bay" ,  my brother-in-law died of lung cancer very young when I was just 16.

my father in 2001, and my mother on Good Friday of 2019. So grateful she went before this year of pandemic. She at least had whole family there with her. I feel for people in this year of dying and if I had thought about it first would never had brought this up on here, as this has been a tough year for death and dying. I feel sorry for bringing up now. But the show just spoke to me and the families are the heroes because they let the world in on their pain! And yes there is pain and sorrow,  not just love, I just found it interesting to see how different families from different walks of life deal with it and all were so brave and open and giving to let us see this experience we must all face is all. It gives you perspective if you never thought about death until it hits you in the face.

Respected Contributor

@nougat I think people need to feel free to post what touches them.  Nothing wrong with that.  It's been a very tough year, and different things are helpful to different people.  🌷

Esteemed Contributor

@nougat wrote:

Gosh gosh I haven't been on this forum in couple years! I'm back!!

has anyone ever seen the docuseries Time of Death?? It was made in 2013 in real time and I just saw it in August. I was consumed by it for 2-3 months. Watched 5 X straight.

it follows people with various terminal illnesses to their last breath and their families. 

Most real, brutal, raw, lovely, true, honest thing I ever saw on tv! A must see. 

Only 6 episodes. Wish they would make more series. 

@nougat  Yes, I saw it a few years ago; I thought it was well done and wish there were more episodes of it.