Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

That was a travesty of justice! She is a sociopath, and her mother enabled her then, and probably to his day. 

@manny2  Yes. I watched an interview last year and she's still defending Casey.

@colliemom4   I heard that Cindy is hoping that Casey will one day tell her exactly what happened.  I do wonder why Casey called Cindy a lot on what we now know was the day of Caley's death, and think maybe if Cindy had answered, she wasn't avaialble then, we would all know the truth.  Maybe Casey would have told her then what happened, but as time wore on, she disposed of the body,  so many unanswered questions.  I thought I would blow a gasket, as my Mother used to say, lol, with that idiot defense attorney.  There was a great, fast moving thread as we all watched the trial, and talked about it as it was happening.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
The prosecutors weren't able to prove it wasn't an accidental drowning in the family pool which the defense claimed it was. IMO the jury simply didn't understand what [very strong] circumstantial evidence is.

That whole drowning in the pool theory was ridiculous IMO. And  even if that were the case, what sane person--which she's not I agree--would put duct tape over her mouth and dispose of their baby girl in a garbage bag in the woods?  Wouldn't you just tell police, ok, she drowned in the pool?