Honored Contributor

I watched the show last night, Boyz II To Men were on. They chose to record all three songs. I remember only one other time. I think will.i.am chose more than one song to record. If an artist is going to record all three songs, why bother going through the whole process?

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2  I thought it was nice they chose all 3 songs. As one of them stated,good songs are hard to find. It sounds like they are making a comeback record for 2020 so they probably need the help with current sounds.JMHO

Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching too! I enjoy the whole songwriting process, the way they morph the song into a 'hit'. Some of  the tunes barely sound the same as their original form!

I haven't picked one song yet that the singers chose!! It's jsut fun to watch, we need as much positivity as possible  these days. 

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I really liked Martina McBride's song.  Did she release it?

Yes she did.  It's available for download.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Ben Platt was on last night. The song he chose to record I liked the least, I liked Ghost. I don't know why Ben had to choose only one song, Will.i.am and Boys II Men chose all of the songs they were offered.

Honored Contributor

Re: Show: Songland

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2   I love this show.  I just watched the latest episode.  I noticed that next week is the season finale with Usher.  I will miss it.  One of my favorite songs was the one that Martina McBride picked.  I've heard the song that song that Lady Antebellum chose on the radio several times.

I did like the three songs that Boyz II Men are recording.  I was glad that they chose all three.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 @NickNack  I agree about Ben's choice.It was my least favorite song.I liked the other two much better. 

I have grown to really like this show  too. I admire their creativity. I hope it is renewed.

Honored Contributor

Last night was the finale. I do like the show, but what I don’t like is the celeb songwriters don’t think the song is good as is, they make changes in the lyrics, song title, verses, that the song is totally different. I am sure whichever celeb songwriter works on the song gets a credit and royalties on it. The novice songwriter is not going to make any waves in changes to their song, they are in no position to say anything, they just want their song published.

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2  Did you see the final cut on the Usher song? They made it a rap song. Not only did they tear up the song but added more rap lyrics.It sounds like all those other rap/pop songs out there.I would be disappointed if that was my song. 

My feelings this year has been the producers have made the songs into their style. They either sound country,pop or club beat. I wish they would leave more of the original song intact.I do like the show and look forward to another season.

Honored Contributor

I think the point of this has now evolved into these songs being radio and download hits.

In the beginning, the songs were for inclusion on an album.  Filler, if you will.  Which is why Will.i.am took all 3 songs.

Now they are seeing the popularity of this and it has evolved into these being hit songs, so there is a higher standard and fewer slots to get these played on radio.  These producers/songwriters know how to get a hit song so they are doing what they can to make that happen.

I also think perhaps the artists are insisting these songs be better and want the pros to make these songs more than album  filler.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN