Valued Contributor

I agree with you.It ended up being a perfect One Republic song. Do you know if Songland has been renewed? I sure hope so.I enjoyed it very much.

Honored Contributor

@Estates wrote:

I agree with you.It ended up being a perfect One Republic song. Do you know if Songland has been renewed? I sure hope so.I enjoyed it very much.

@Estates  I don’t know if it has been renewed, I guess it depends how well it did in the ratings.

Honored Contributor

@Estates   @Jordan2   I read today that it has been renewed.

I liked the song they chose, too.  I hope they do record it and release it as a single.  I liked all three of the songs last night.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I do realize this is an old thread from last year, but I didn't want to start a new one seeing as I am the only one still watching! I must have poor taste in music because I always get it wrong. Either the song I like doesn't get picked as one of the three songs that move on, or the song I like of the three never gets picked. What I don't like is a songwriter comes in, the song is rewritten as if it isn't good as is. Of course the songwriter is in no position to veto the changes because it is their big break, they'll agree to anything. Also I bet they have to share a songwriting credit with the songwriter they worked with.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I do realize this is an old thread from last year, but I didn't want to start a new one seeing as I am the only one still watching! I must have poor taste in music because I always get it wrong. Either the song I like doesn't get picked as one of the three songs that move on, or the song I like of the three never gets picked. What I don't like is a songwriter comes in, the song is rewritten as if it isn't good as is. Of course the songwriter is in no position to veto the changes because it is their big break, they'll agree to anything. Also I bet they have to share a songwriting credit with the songwriter they worked with.

@Jordan2   I'm still watching the show and like it very much.  I haven't watched last night's show yet though.  

-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I am watching and enjoy it very much. My problem is that I always fall asleep before the winning song is announced, so I have to look it up, but I really am amazed at how these people can just tweak a song and make it sound so amazing.

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2  I'm still here.I enjoy this show immensely. I find the whole songwriting process fascinating. Somedays,I can barely string along a sentence,let alone a series of words to create a song. I have much respect for anyone creative. 

Last night was interesting.They completely changed  the winning song. The one(Sad Girls)  rewritten by the country producer(can never remember his name) sounded just like a country song.I don't think it had a chance with the featured person. I always pick the wrong song too. My DH watches a bit with me but usually walks away claiming the song all sound alike or the singers are mumblingWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Finally the song I liked best was chosen, it's number one on the iTunes chart.

Honored Contributor

This season appealed to me more because I like country music.

I noticed that Lady Antebellum released Champaign Nights as a single as did Florida Georgia Line from last night.

Whether it actually shows up on an album or if it's just a way to release something new because it's there, i don't really know.

I think they are good songs.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I really liked Martina McBride's song.  Did she release it?

-Henry David Thoreau