Honored Contributor

I think he came in during the late 90s and there was a flood of people at that time and he didn't catch on.

I need to go back and listen to some of his stuff to see if I remember hearing it at all.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

@NickNack  I agree about the Jeep commercial.They did a really good job incorporating the song into visuals.I don't think I have seen it in rotation on tv yet though? 

Honored Contributor

@Estates wrote:

@NickNack  I agree about the Jeep commercial.They did a really good job incorporating the song into visuals.I don't think I have seen it in rotation on tv yet though? 

@Estates   I haven't seen it on TV yet either.  I think they should use it.  I loved it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Are there any comments on this week's show with Charlie Puth?  My favorite was the one that he picked.  

Spoiler
I thought he might pick the one that the girl that he knew from college wrote.  I liked that song, but I think it was my least favorite.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I just read online today that Charlie Puch did not record the song he chose as he felt the writer should sing it instead and get the credit.

I went on iTunes and downloaded it.

Nice man doing so and letting the artist get full credit.

I liked three of the songs on this latest episode.

Google Charlie Puch Songland to read the article. I don’t want to spoil whom he chose.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I just read online today that Charlie Puch did not record the song he chose as he felt the writer should sing it instead and get the credit.

I went on iTunes and downloaded it.

Nice man doing so and letting the artist get full credit.

I liked three of the songs on this latest episode.

Google Charlie Puch Songland to read the article. I don’t want to spoil whom he chose.

@MKR14   I wonder which way serves the songwriter better.  If the songwriter records it, it might not get much (any?) air play.  If Charlie Puth recorded it, it could become a hit.  It I was the songwriter I think I'd be disappointed that CP didn't record it.

I like the way last week's artist did it.  I don't know why I can't remember who it was.  He had the songwriter go on stage and perform it with him.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

For some reason, I knew when they showed that performance at the end that he didn't record it.  It seemed like they staged it for the show and those people in the audience were actors and not his fans.

He didn't seem comfortable singing the song, either.

Something just seemed off about the whole ending.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Re: Show: Songland

[ Edited ]

Zach Sorgen had the song Bad Habit. It is a catchy tune. I did notice that on iTunes the part he sang of badddddd habbbbit was missing. I loved that part.

I think since Charle writes his own songs he just wanted to help another musican along. He seemed genuine in the article I read.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

Are there any comments on this week's show with Charlie Puth?  My favorite was the one that he picked.  

Spoiler
I thought he might pick the one that the girl that he knew from college wrote.  I liked that song, but I think it was my least favorite.

@NickNack I liked the song the woman he went to school with best. Most times the song I like doesn't get picked, I guess that shows what I know!

Honored Contributor

I agreed with the song that was chosen last, it wasn’t even close.