Honored Contributor

The show moves to its new day and time ( tonight at 9:00) with the first of five new episodes. 

Honored Contributor

I'm looking forward to it!  I'm glad to know how many new episodes there will be @Jordan2 .

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I really liked the song that was chosen last night. I know why the songwriter would go along with all the changes to the song, it’s their big break. I would feel like they think my song isn’t good enough without the pros polishing it up.

Honored Contributor

The song Leona Lewis picked last night I liked the least. I liked the song by the guy Rafferty. Often the artists don't pick the song I like.

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2  I liked  Rafferty's song the best myself. The picked song was not that good in its original version.The producer,Ryan?,completely changed the song and added rap. Not my favorite and only the drums made it mildly acceptable with me. I wonder if the producer gets songwriting credit if their song/artist is picked?

I will say I have enjoyed this show more than I thought it would.I do hope it returns for future seasons. Although they are competing against each other,they all seem supportive of one another.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   @Estates   I agree with both of you.  I liked the guy's song the best, too.  

I loved the song that Old Dominion picked for the Jeep commercial a week or two ago.  That turned out to be a great commercial.

I'm really enjoying this show and do hope it is renewed.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

These songwriters are pretty good singers. It isn't always that songwriters can sing, case in point, Burt Bacharach and also Marvin Hamlisch. Now some may disagree with me, and that's okay, Bob Dylan and Neil Young both have written good songs, I don't care for either one's voice.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

These songwriters are pretty good singers. It isn't always that songwriters can sing, case in point, Burt Bacharach and also Marvin Hamlisch. Now some may disagree with me, and that's okay, Bob Dylan and Neil Young both have written good songs, I don't care for either one's voice.

@Jordan2   I noticed that Ryan Tedder's group, One Republic, is going to be the guest in the next couple of weeks.  I think that will be interesting.  I am a fan of One Republic.  

Sean McAnally is a country singer, although I've never heard anything he's done.  I don't think he was very successful as a singer.

Ester Dean is listed as a singer-songwriter.  I agree with you that they all have good voices.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Shane McAnally is a songwriter.  He tried to be a singer and it didn't work out but he is a master songwriter and has won two Grammys for songs he wrote with/for Kasey Musgraves and a bunch of Country Music Awards

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Shane McAnally is a songwriter.  He tried to be a singer and it didn't work out but he is a master songwriter and has won two Grammys for songs he wrote with/for Kasey Musgraves and a bunch of Country Music Awards

@VaBelle35   I should have said he was a singer/songwriter.  That's how his bio reads.  I knew he was an excellent songwriter, but he does have a good voice.

-Henry David Thoreau