Valued Contributor

Anybody watch last night? I did not like the song she chose. I thought the other 2 were much better. But it's not my call. JMHO

Honored Contributor

This has become one of my favorites.

I am fascinated by the talent everyone is demonstrating and the process of songwriting itself.

I especially loved the Will.i.am and the Jonas Brothers episodes.  

I am SO glad there is NO audience voting. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Estates wrote:

Anybody watch last night? I did not like the song she chose. I thought the other 2 were much better. But it's not my call. JMHO

@Estates   I liked the other two songs better, too.  I also liked the song from the guy that she didn't pick for the final three.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Show: Songland

[ Edited ]

I think Meghan chose what she chose due to what she described as a need for a particular type of song.  They were all quite good but this one now seems to suit her well.

Spoiler
https://youtu.be/bKMrw4rqzdY  Meghan's choice recorded

Honored Contributor

I am still watching, I also don't always agree with the song that is chosen. I don't like though how much they sometimes change the song, pretty much rewrite it. Of course the songwriter is looking for their big break, they will go along with what ever the pro songwriters say. I do wonder if the songwriter that works with the contestant gets a writing credit for polishing up the song?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach   I clicked on your link, and it says "404 not found."  I'll try to Google it myself.  I'd like to hear her recording.

@Jordan2   I have wondered the same thing.  I would imagine it would say that it's written by both of them.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I'm not a Meghan Trainor fan, so I didn't enjoy the episode or the songs.

I've enjoyed all of the other episodes, even if I don't know/like the singer they were at least entertaining.  She was kind of boring.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

It seems the link I'd first picked up had a "." in the wrong spot.  Try this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKMrw4rqzdY

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@NickNack 

It seems the link I'd first picked up had a "." in the wrong spot.  Try this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKMrw4rqzdY

Thanks @GingerPeach .  I went to You Tube and found it.  I liked it better with her singing it than the person who wrote it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@NickNack  I liked the love song too. And I agree,her version was better than the songwriter.I dislike people that sing with those baby voices. 

@GingerPeach  Thanks for the link.