Honored Contributor

Should Pam Smart be released?

This was the focus of the 48 Hours show last night.  Nary a mention of the teacher/student seduction that was so emphasized back when this case was in the headlines years ago. Instead they posed the question of why the kid who pulled the trigger was out of jail and she was still serving a life sentence with no parole.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Should Pam Smart be released?

She is where she belongs...prison for life. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

She is where she belongs...prison for life. 

I agree.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@depglass 

You said it yourself, he "was a kid", she was an adult who used him to kill her husband, when divorce was an option.

It's because of her choices that her husband lost his life instead.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

If she gets out I feel bad for any man that might get involved with her since she prefers murder to a divorce.

Honored Contributor

No , she deserves to die in there.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

They were too easy on her.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

This was the focus of the 48 Hours show last night.  Nary a mention of the teacher/student seduction that was so emphasized back when this case was in the headlines years ago. Instead they posed the question of why the kid who pulled the trigger was out of jail and she was still serving a life sentence with no parole.  

@depglass  I saw the show, which was on Dateline on NBC. No she should not be released; she got life without parole. And she lied through her teeth about the tape recording her wired friend made.  She put her teen lover up to murdering her husband with his accomplices, refuses to admit it, and is rightly now paying for the crime. I don't think her dead husband would agree with her that "enough is enough."

Esteemed Contributor

No. 

I was amazed she's still so full of herself.  Tries  to project innocence or ignorance to her husband's murder.  She thinks she's smarter than everyone.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

No. 

I was amazed she's still so full of herself.  Tries  to project innocence or ignorance to her husband's murder.  She thinks she's smarter than everyone.

@Mary Bailey  Well she is Pamela Smart! 😄