Respected Contributor

Re: Should Pam Smart be released?

@Pearlee 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

She is still lying. She also used that teen. Now he deserved every day he got in prison for his choice but he wouldn't have killed her husband without her brainwashing.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Should she be released??????

Only when her husband comes back from the dead and says it's fine with him!

Imho, that kid who did the deed should have life - never have been released!  We learn right from wrong by ten years old:  He knew he was doing wrong!

Valued Contributor

I used to agree with the majority here that she should stay in jail.

At this point, I don't feel that she belongs in jail.  I don't feel that society is safer with her in jail.  To my way of thinking, jails are for people that society needs to be protected from.  She is not a danger to me or anyone I know.

She has served something like 29 years I think.  She went into jail when she was 22 - more than half her life has been incarcerated.  At this point, I feel she should be released to try to accomplish something more than being a prisoner.  

I'm in my seventies; I'm not the same person that I was in my twenties.  My judgement is better; I suspect hers is also.  She should be contributing to society; not living off of society.

Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

I used to agree with the majority here that she should stay in jail.

At this point, I don't feel that she belongs in jail.  I don't feel that society is safer with her in jail.  To my way of thinking, jails are for people that society needs to be protected from.  She is not a danger to me or anyone I know.

She has served something like 29 years I think.  She went into jail when she was 22 - more than half her life has been incarcerated.  At this point, I feel she should be released to try to accomplish something more than being a prisoner.  

I'm in my seventies; I'm not the same person that I was in my twenties.  My judgement is better; I suspect hers is also.  She should be contributing to society; not living off of society.

So, it's okay if she's a danger as long as it's not to you or anyone you know?  Reminds me of my favorite Twilight Zone Episode.  

Regular Contributor

Watch for in an episode of "Deadly Women".Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I think she should never get out of jail. To me it has nothing to do with society being safe or not. She is responsible for her husbands murder. And it's because of her, he does not get a chance to re enter society. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

54C7321D-DA03-4681-AC6A-1AA823EA703E.pngI am actually surprised that the fellow, Billy Flynn, that murdered the husband,  got out of prison in 2015 after serving  25 years.  He should of have life too....he murdered a human being. I do not care how young he was or why he did it....he is a murderer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's a  picture from 1990 of Pam... and  a current picture....looks like prison has done her no favors.....59E4EC7C-AAFC-4F5D-99FC-95BBCE565555.jpeg

D9E489C8-7EC2-4560-B495-273963AE0588.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I think she should stay in jail, she "considers herself still married" according to an interview.  WHAT?

She is delusional. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/style/wp/2019/01/15/feature/the-enduring-appeal-of-pamela-smart-...

......You look like I need a drink.....