Honored Contributor

Re: Should Ellen DeGeneres Leave Her Show?

The fact is, there are unpleasant people in any job. Last I looked, being nice wasn't a criteria for working, though maybe being at least civil should be. I don't care if she stays or goes, as I don't watch her shows. She's been successful for a variety of reasons, and I have, at times, enjoyed her but I also wouldn't miss her presence on television.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Tinkrbl44. If she is a big hypocrite about telling people to be kind all the time on the air and being nasty and mean in her personal.life people should stop watching the show and it should end when her rating tank.

@Pearlee 

Um ... okay.  I wasn't disputing that and don't know why you're telling me this.   

If she's in total accordance with everything in her contract, but is a real biotch, will the network have a legal position (to oust her) that will prevail?   I really doubt it.  JMO

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I guess my question is, why would a woman who has all that money, fame, and power be mean, miserable, and a nightmare to work with?  You'd think she'd be the happiest person alive.  Be grateful, be kind, be good to others.  Boggles my mind.

@Citrine1 

Here's an interesting observation ... 

"Money never changes you.  It just makes you more of who you already are .... "

Honored Contributor

@stevieb. I thought from reading your H&M posts that you dislike hypocrisy. No she doesn't have to be nice but if she is going to be mean to people then stop preaching to "be kind." Your post really surprised me.

@Tinkrbl44 Really must you take issue with everything and everybody? It is very old and wearisome.
Honored Contributor

1. When she was on QVC Carolyn Gracie always flew out to California to work with her. I wonder how Ellen treated her. Rich people can certainly get away with things that the rest of us can't. And sadly they get away with it for a long time, in some cases a life time.  
Trusted Contributor

why in the world would they choose her to recieve the presidential award....bad call... that award is meant for real heros.....annoyed that she finds it funny to scare and see people fall hard is very mean spirited.....sad

Respected Contributor

No, I think the market should take its course, if viewers want to stop watching they can.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

The fact is, there are unpleasant people in any job. Last I looked, being nice wasn't a criteria for working, though maybe being at least civil should be. I don't care if she stays or goes, as I don't watch her shows. She's been successful for a variety of reasons, and I have, at times, enjoyed her but I also wouldn't miss her presence on television.

@stevieb  I don't know. It has been sounding more and more for the past few years that it's gone beyond just being unpleasant and not nice. It sounds more like she is treating people like ---t.  

And I think she is one of the funniest people ever.

Respected Contributor

I knew she didn't win any popularity contest when she complained

how difficult it was to stay at home during the pandemic ....

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

I thought that she had an "unpleasant side" years ago while watching her show,   so I wasn't surprised to read that,

@jackthebear   I always felt that way, too.  Glad you mentioned that.  I have watched a few clips of her show and wondered how anyone could watch a whole hour of her.  Just something about her.  Like she was hiding something or "shady".  Never liked her demeanor.