Honored Contributor

Re: Should Ellen DeGeneres Leave Her Show?

As long as her ratings are good, she isn't going anywhere.

Honored Contributor

Ellen has won enough Emmys already to more than fill her mantle, time to hang it up. 

Respected Contributor

When Ellen had her sitcom, I thought it was hilarious.  But I am not fan of her current show.  

Her passing the buck about the alleged mistreatment to people who work for her is telling.  The show has HER name on it....she is responsible for what goes on.  Usually the "higher-ups" in any business reflect the mindset of their boss.

I don't care if she leaves the show or not, as I don't watch anymore.  Feel badly for staff who have to work in a toxic environment.  

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle I doubt she is doing it for the award trophies.
Honored Contributor

I haven't read the thread, but It has been rumored for many years that she is a 'witch' if you know what I mean. Past time for her to go.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@ShelbelleI doubt she is doing it for the award trophies.

i think she has been very happy to have won all those Emmys, why wouldnt anyone be??

Honored Contributor

I Didn't say she wasn't happy about it and yes who wouldn't be. Happy about it was not my point at all, reread my post. @Shebelle
Trusted Contributor

I decided she was probably a bully who didn't think the rules applied to her years ago when there was the big issue over a dog Portia adopted from a rescue organization.  Evidently, the dog didn't get along with Ellen's cats, so she gave the dog to her hairdresser.  The rescue people went to the home and took the dog.  

Instead of trying to resolve it quietly, Ellen talked about it on her show.  The rescue people were getting threats.  At the time, people said these rescue organizations can be difficult, so I don't know who was the worst.  But I did think she used her power inappropriately to try and get her way.  

Honored Contributor

I don't watch her show, but no. 

Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

It doesn't surprise me that Ellen's popularity has decreased.  Besides being mean, she is not aging well and her audience is getting younger and younger.  It's getting a little creepy.  She's 62 and looks 82.  

If anyone has ever seen her game show, she seems to delight in seeing contestants dropping, falling or getting slimed.  I don't find that funny and her absolute glee over it not appropriate.  

that the type of thing I noticed, while all the time talking about being nice and kind,