Esteemed Contributor

Re: Should Ellen DeGeneres Leave Her Show?

Without a doubt - cancel the show. The Ellen Show is past its prime. Too many people are coming forward, citing poor treatment. Ellen must think she's above everyone else to treat her staff poorly. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I guess they'd have to change the name of the show if James Corden took over.  Smiley Sad

Who is James Corden??

Honored Contributor

@Effie54. Google him
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I guess they'd have to change the name of the show if James Corden took over.  Smiley Sad

"Tea Time with James Corden"?

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

I thought that she had an "unpleasant side" years ago while watching her show,   so I wasn't surprised to read that,

@jackthebear   I always felt that way, too.  Glad you mentioned that.  I have watched a few clips of her show and wondered how anyone could watch a whole hour of her.  Just something about her.  Like she was hiding something or "shady".  Never liked her demeanor.

this is so interesting as I thought when there were posts about her here that I was on the outside in my dislike ( although that is too strong a word) for her and that she's liked by all.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There have been rumors for a long time about the toxic work environment on this show and how Ellen isn't as nice in real life as she seems to be.  I think it's past time that the show be canceled. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Without a doubt - cancel the show. The Ellen Show is past its prime. Too many people are coming forward, citing poor treatment. Ellen must think she's above everyone else to treat her staff poorly. 

@Effie54 

People seem to be missing the point. There's a multi-year contract with Ellen and Warner Bros studios.  We're talking LOTS of money.  I seriously doubt that "not being nice" is a legitimate reason for the studio to end a show that makes a huge profit.  It's a business decision.

"Stop watching the show" is also a very lame suggestion.   

OTOH, A really effective way to get a show cancelled happens when viewers complain in large numbers to the show's ADVERTISERS, and threaten to stop buying their products.  When advertisers drop a show, the network can lose money, and changes start happening.  Quickly.  

Trusted Contributor

It's not a question of just not watching. It is more about what the sponsors will do. These days, they are more likely than not to pull their advertising, which is fine, as long as they have done a complete investigation, which isn't always the case.

Respected Contributor

I don't watch Ellen's show but I did enjoy her stand-up comedy routines.  I have heard for a few years that she wasn't too nice in person.  

I think many people think that because someone likes animals that automatically makes them a nice person.   I can tell you that I've met a few people in my years in the veterinary practice that you wouldn't want to be around for very long.   They were arrogant and mean and they might have been good to their dog but they treated humans like dirt.   

To be a good person, you have to be kind to both people and animals.   They aren't exclusive of each other.   

Respected Contributor

I dont watch her show but have a few times. I dont care at all if she doesnt have a show and if what they say is true, she doesnt deserve to have a show. Im sure she would have plenty of money to survive without it!