Honored Contributor

Re: Should Ellen DeGeneres Leave Her Show?

I actually don't care whether she has that show or doesn't; I have watched occasionally.   If the network is considering Corden as a replacement, I won't be doing even that.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish I could remember what site I read about "stars" that took exception to what she was asking them on her show and how her questions were hurtful and embarrassing.  Blake Sheldon, Dakota Johnson were only two of those mentioned.  Yes she should leave and I believe she take pleasure in seeing others uncomfortably and "put down" She is overly impressed by her own importance and should go away.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I am over all celebrities! They are overpaid and egotistical. They think they are better than everybody and are constantly telling the rest of  us how we should be  living, voting, reading, etc.  After they get done telling us how to think and live they retreat into their gated mansions. I do think Ellen has a mean side - you see it on her game show. I am over Oprah also-if she has the answers to everything why does she need so many material things? It is ridiculous to worship these celebrities. They don't even have real jobs-they get paid for asking other people questions. 

Valued Contributor

While I don't like the whole "cancel culture" thing, I do think it's time for Ellen to leave, either voluntarily or not.

I have noticed a definite mean streak, and she has a sneer on her face more often than not.  

I only watch when she has a guest on that I like, and even then I fast-forward.

I think it would be next to impossible for her to go on with the show after all of this, anyway.

Valued Contributor

I just remembered a show of Ellen's I watched maybe 4-5 years ago.  Oprah was on and Ellen asked her if she could remember the last time she had been food shopping.  She said "no", Ellen said she couldn't remember when she had been to a food store either, and they had a big laugh about it.  The silly women in the audience thought it was so funny.  Then they showed a pre-filmed clip of the 2 of them walking around a food store like they were on Mars, picking up melons and wondering aloud what they were.  So not funny and so obnoxious.

Did someone say James Corden might be her replacement?  Oh boy.  Apologies to those who like him, but I find him totally unwatchable.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@stevieb. I thought from reading your H&M posts that you dislike hypocrisy. No she doesn't have to be nice but if she is going to be mean to people then stop preaching to "be kind." Your post really surprised me.

@Tinkrbl44Really must you take issue with everything and everybody? It is very old and wearisome.

@Pearlee 

LOL ...  Are you ill ?  You posted to me, taking exception with something I never even said, and now you're thinking that I am taking issue?  Really?  Did too much Imbibing today?   Just please stop posting your silly, inaccurate comments to me.   You're still looking to bait posters again and again ....  and it's not what this board's posters should have to tolerate.  Another thread you started recently got wiped out for much too much arguing, most of it yours.   Maybe you need a new hobby.

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza. I posted that about Corden. I read it somewhere this morning, I think page six of the NY Post
I read a lot online in the morning so I'm not sure that was the source but I think so.
Honored Contributor

@ChancesMom wrote:

I am over all celebrities! They are overpaid and egotistical. They think they are better than everybody and are constantly telling the rest of  us how we should be  living, voting, reading, etc.  After they get done telling us how to think and live they retreat into their gated mansions. I do think Ellen has a mean side - you see it on her game show. I am over Oprah also-if she has the answers to everything why does she need so many material things? It is ridiculous to worship these celebrities. They don't even have real jobs-they get paid for asking other people questions

@ChancesMom 

Oh, come on ....  Do you honestly believe that all "celebrities" live in gated mansions and are bad people?  (Does that also mean that you believe all non-celebrities are nice, hard working and honest people?)   

You hear about the "newsworthy" celebrity stories in the various forms of media.  Yes, many of them are negative, because that seems to be what sells best.  That doesn't mean that ALL the people in any given occupation are exactly the same.   

By the way ...  good interviewing is a valuable skill and it pays very well in news organizations and by other sources.   

Regular Contributor

She is a phony. She herself was rude to many including her guests.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@stevieb. I thought from reading your H&M posts that you dislike hypocrisy. No she doesn't have to be nice but if she is going to be mean to people then stop preaching to "be kind." Your post really surprised me.

@Tinkrbl44Really must you take issue with everything and everybody? It is very old and wearisome.

@Pearlee  But then did you read my post closely because I don't watch her talk show or her game show so I didn't know she enjoined people to be kind... Personally, as noted, I can take or leave her as an entertainer...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...