Trusted Contributor

Re: Should Ellen DeGeneres Leave Her Show?

After all that has come out, the show is toast.  It should be taken off the air.  

Trusted Contributor

@JYWilliams wrote:

If all this is true then I think it should have been addressed a log time ago. 

Exactly.  And why wasn't it addressed before.  

Honored Contributor

@walkingal. But tell us what you really think! Don't hold back! 🤣
Esteemed Contributor

As previously stated on here, I have heard for years that she isn't the kind Ellen she acts on tv so none of this was shocking.  All I have found shocking is the celebs who are willingly saying oh yeah, we've seen it.   And I agree her sense of humor has a mean streak.  

Esteemed Contributor

If I was her and had all that money I would just pack it in. She doesn't need the hassle and BS anymore. She can go donate her time to the gorilla charity and flip more houses. Why put up with the stress? I'm sure her ego won't let her quit though unless TPTB force her. I would feel bad for Twitch and Andy but I'm sure there are other jobs

Honored Contributor

I really don't know where I've been............

I haven't run across her talk show at all.

Only her game show, which I don't watch, mainly because I'm not into those types of loud-ish game shows.  No matter who hosts them.

I do believe she has a dry type of humor, and I've always enjoyed her talk show episodes, when I used to watch them.  

Again, I haven't run across her talk show, and assumed/presumed that it hasn't been televised on my mainstream channels.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I feel Ellen definitely has a mean streak.  I watched Ellen's Game of Games once and that was enough.  Plus she likes to scare some guests, and that is mean too.  That behavior speaks for itself.  I only watch her talk show if there is a guest I want to see.  If she leaves her show, or if the show is canceled, I won't be upset.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Disappointing.  Wonder how she treated the QVC staff when they worked together?

Reminds me of 'Sue Ann Nivens," the character from "The Mary Tyler Moore show:"  She was sweet as can be on camera, but was a terror to her producer and others .

Honored Contributor

Right now I don't know what to believe. I''ve only seen clips of her shows, but I do enjoy her game show. Haven't there been game shows on before where contestants go through crazy things? I know there was one for kids on Nickelodeon where kids got "slimed."

I never saw her sitcom, but I've always liked her. She does a lot for people in need and for pets.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

As previously stated on here, I have heard for years that she isn't the kind Ellen she acts on tv so none of this was shocking.  All I have found shocking is the celebs who are willingly saying oh yeah, we've seen it.   And I agree her sense of humor has a mean streak.  

i think her game show is mean.....jmo...