Honored Contributor

Should Ellen DeGeneres Leave Her Show?

There has been a lot of publicity lately about how unkind Ellen is in real.life to staff and guests on her show, and how toxic the environment is at her show. Today's news is that James Corden may be in line to succeed her, although the show producers say otherwise. I've also read Ellen is considering quitting because she is tired of what is being written.

Do you think she should leave the show (whether voluntarily or not)?
Respected Contributor

Re: Should Ellen DeGeneres Leave Her Show?

If all this is true then I think it should have been addressed a log time ago. 

Honored Contributor

I thought that she had an "unpleasant side" years ago while watching her show,   so I wasn't surprised to read that,

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are talk shows really of interest in 2020? Ellen's show, from the little I see in tv ads her show is silly & ridiculus not worth watching. I think talk shows are over. At least for me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I guess they'd have to change the name of the show if James Corden took over.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are always going to be former employees who were problem workers who come out with allegations.  They do not seem to be with Ellen directly but with those in charge who were probably fed up with poor performing employees who wanted the money but were offended when they were called out for their poor performance.  I do not think Ellen specifically did anything wrong and yes she should stay!  I like the show and she does see that a lot of good is done for those that need it.  The allegations were not from the majority but only a few.

Trusted Contributor

i heard some celebrities were witness to this. so yes, if there's truth to it, she should discontinue the show. 

Honored Contributor

Yes it is more than employees. A reporter and Australian TV hosts who interviewed her in Austrakia also felt badly treated. And Brad Garrett says on social media it is well known she is mean to people.
Trusted Contributor

One of my school parents wrote for her show years ago and I knew of her mean streak. This is long before these allegations.  

Respected Contributor

I stopped watching years ago, but didn't enjoy some of the tricks she pulled on people when I was watching.